Clutch lever travel

Speednut

Registered
So, when i had an 04 gsxr before the busa, there was a dial to adjust the clutch lever play. the manual said leave a tiny bit of play in the lever, then it should feel resistance. there is no such adjuster on the busa... or is there? i have not checked my manual yet. in addition, i just installed new blue clutch and brake levers. they look great, and were stock size, but the distance of pull on the clutch side is different than stock levers were. the adjustment knob does not seem to effectively change the distance either like the stock ones did. should this matter? is it possible for it to pull too much more than stockers and damage anything?? it just doesnt feel the same and i am not happy about that. thank you for any help as always!

no adjusters? hmmm suppose as long as you can get enough pull to disengage... I do not think you can over extend the clutch master but if you run short on pull, you could have trouble...

I would get a better quality lever myself (You should have adjusters IMO)

The levers have adjusters, they just didn't seem to move the position as drastically as the adjusters on the stock levers. And I am actually worried about the opposite. I know I undoubtedly have more than enough pull, I was just hoping I didnt have too much! Like the little metal pin being pushed into the rubber boot area seems to be getting pushed in further than before. I suppose it could be my imagination, but I didn't think so. I may put the old one on again and measure the exact distance from lever to grip, then put the new one back on and do the same...

Your 04 GSXR had a cable clutch. The Buas is hydrolic. The adjuster on the Busa is only for the lever position. Check the plungers for length differences.

It must be my imagination then, cause the plunger assembly fit into the new levers just like the stock levers. I dont see how it really could have changed much, just feels different. My rubber piece by the plunger (or the actual plunger if thats what the rubber piece is) has two small cuts in it that I can see. Not really enough to call tears yet, but just looks like wear holes are beginning to form. Is that normal? Can it affect anything?

Back