Clutch Bleeding

meductic

Registered
So, I changed my clutch fluid and bled the system and I still have no clutch....any suggestions? Btw, the clutch worked fine before I did this....

Did you use a mity-vac hand pump or did you do it the pump and loosen the bleeder screw method??I always use my hand pump and never have any issues getting the air out.You may have to leave the screw loose and pull the clutch a couple times to get the fluid moving.

Did you bleed it with the cap on or off?? Leave the cap off so the air can escape from the highest point.Keep at it, it will bleed.That mity-vac has gotta be the best $20 tool I have in my tool box and I have a lot of tools.

Why did you decide to bleed the clutch fluid?

Can you describe how you were doing the bleeding?

Had the same problem, no matter what i did, no clutch, did as my brother the Volvo mechanic suggested, opened the bleeder a bit and let the fluid flow and kept refilling for awhile, clutch back.

Sent from Iphone 4 via Tapatalk.

Thanks guys! I was replacing the fluid because it was cloudy. I was bleeding it like a brake system with the bleeder screw. I will have to invest in a vac pump I guess.

I flush brake and clutch fluids every season(with a Mity-Vac) and couldn't believe how dark the clutch fluid gets in a year. Must be from the heat the line is exposed to running under the fairing along the frame.

Pump it up and then break loose the banjo bolt first and then close just like you would on the bleeder screw, sometimes are get stuck there. Then go to the bleeder screw.

What model mity-vac's are you guys using to bleed the clutch fluid. Can you use the same model vac to bleed the brakes?

Back