clutch bleed

bobber

Registered
I want to hange the clutch fluid; The professor on the org mentioned a good idea of letting it gravity feed down by opeing the valve,,,,Im going to work on it today,,dont want any air in the line,nor but the high dollar contrapion at the dealership to push it thru....question,,,,when gravity feeding [ to those who have donne this,] I know to take the cap off of the MC so theres no vacum,,but when you do this on a car,,it has to be pushed out and wont just run out,,,,will it drain that easy by just opening the valve on the caliper with the PC cap off,,,,,and as for the front/rear brakes,,Im assuming I can just pump them up and drain to put new fluid in is why Im doing this anyway,,,,clutch fluid is getting dark,,,,,,,thankks,,,,,,,,,,

I have always bled and serviced the clutch with a mity-vac to pull the fluid through - that way I am bleeding/flushing the system at the same time. The Mity-vac is around $30 - but there are cheaper pumps that are essentially the same. Not sure if that helps...

I have always bled and serviced the clutch with a mity-vac to pull the fluid through - that way I am bleeding/flushing the system at the same time. The Mity-vac is around $30 - but there are cheaper pumps that are essentially the same. Not sure if that helps...

The little bleeders I sent you work great for flushing systems clutch and brake both.. no other tools required except a 8mm wrench,some fluid and a Phillips screwdriver for reservoir cap removal...

Last edited:
So whats it take to get the clutch fluid out without letting air in ? Someone told me today that not to make the mistake of loosening the hose from the motor to gravuty feed,,it would only let air in,,He recommended to take the line off the mastercylinder and to pump it dry,,in this way,,you would get all the fluid out of the master cylinder but the line wouldnt lose its prime,,but you couldnt get it all out,,I'd like to get all of it flushed,,,has anyone done this? And all I can find now is dot#4 brake fluid but it is all synthetic now,,and it tells you not to mix,,,,,,,,,,,is the factory synthetic??the manual doesnt say ? 04 busa genI

Last edited:
Thank you Mc mustang/Schism,,,,,,,,looks eaays,and I understand the concept,,its a reverse way,,instead of pushing,,your pu;;ing by via hand pump,thanks,,,,,,can the front and rear brakes be bled the old fashion way ,bu pumping them up ? My guess is yes..or can I use the Mity-vac on them too,,,,,,,,,,mity-vac vendors,,?????

Using the vac pump on the clutch will save you time + make the job easier. You can use on the brakes as well...in either case make sure to keep a fair amount of fluid in the reservoir

harbor freight $30 and ur good to go

or u can get a clear hose and connect it to the valve and pull the clutch then loosen the valve while holding the clutch in then tighten the valve back and repeat the process untill no bubbles come out when u pull the clutch in and open the valve.

Last edited:
Bought the Harbor Frieight bleeder tool: waste of money. If you must use a tool, spend a little more a get a quality one. However, the volume of fluid in the clutch circuit is so small that bleeding it the good old fashioned way by pumping the lever and opening the bleed valve at the slave cylinder is no big deal. If you lack the 15 minutes of patience to do it this way, it goes a bit faster if you burp out the excess air at the top of the line by cracking open the fitting at the MC. Next bit of advice. Don't overthink it. Once you do it, you'll see how simple it is.

according to a post by Daniel he sent you "bleeder valves". If you install those all you have to do is 1/4 turn and pump the lever (brake or Clutch) and when you let off it closes so no air gets in there. You only need to connect a hose and container to catch it. You should still be able to use a mighty vac on the bleeders as well.

...wipe off any spills brake fluid will eat paint.

thanks fellas,,,I bought my rig at autozone,,,real nice kit,,,sorry to hear about the harbor kit,,,,and those one way bledder valves sound sweet,,and communta,,,thanks buddy,,,my fkuid is getting pretty dark,,,,

Apparently your mechanical skills leave much to be desired!

I'd suggest you take your 200 mph fire breathing nitros oxcide beast to a dealer for proper service.

Remember, your life may depend on it! :thumbsup:

Back