Cleaning Your Bike

PBiddy412

Registered
I searched through older threads and didn't come up on much other than someone using zaino. I was just curious to some of the routines you guys go through cleaning your bike. Do you take things off such as fairing or what not or just hose it down, scrub, and hose it down again? Also, what products do you recommend. I love meguiars nxt line for my car. I wonder if it would be good with my bike too? Thanks!

Oh, if there is previous threads, then I can't search for chit!

I have all your albums.. your the bizzzz .
biggrin.gif

I keep it clean using the fantastic Honda Pro Cleaner... That stuff is absolutely amazing and i aint exagerating... It will even clean chain grease on the swingarm and plastics with no problem.

It cleans and polishes any part of the bike, i even clean my wheels with it. When the bike is really dirty tough, i use Mr.Clean car wash system...

I swear, if you havent tried that Honda stuff yet, go to a Honda dealer today you'll thank me!!!

I keep it clean using the fantastic Honda Pro Cleaner... That stuff is absolutely amazing and i aint exagerating... It will even clean chain grease on the swingarm and plastics with no problem.

It cleans and polishes any part of the bike, i even clean my wheels with it. When the bike is really dirty tough, i use Mr.Clean car wash system...

I swear, if you havent tried that Honda stuff yet, go to a Honda dealer today you'll thank me!!!
+1

I remove all plastic and clean with car wash soap and sponge the inside plastic and all parts I can get to. Of course I only do this in the spring before I do any riding. This way I can get rid of any creatures that may have nested during the winter.
Other than that just use car wash soap and sponge and chamois to dry. Any polish you want to use is up to you. Pledge is good in between full polishes. Not recommended in direct sunlight though.

This just reminded me. I haven't cleaned mine in awhile, except for the usual removal of the bugs on the windshield. Might just have to give her a bath this weekend.

I tried Zaino, but felt too much like a mad scientist (three drops here, 2 ounces there, shake, good for 12 hours, etc.etc.etc.)  I have since went to Meguiars NXT and Quik Detailer spray.  I don't wax very often, but I spray after every ride or just before the next.  There's really no need to pull out the garden hose anymore.  Here's a pic.

My_Busa_7.JPG

Thanks guys ... I have heard of the honda stuff. I think I might go pick it up this monday after i get the 600 mile service done on my 1400 mile bike lol ... I forgot I had to go in I was having so much fun on it. I hope that don't kill my warranyt! Anyways, I like what your doing soon2be. Seems like its working cause your bike looks nice.

Wash with Dawn dishwashing soap to get all the grime off (including previous wax coats) and then use Zaino to bring out the beauty! It may seem like your making a potion, but it works very well! The Z6/Z8 is great stuff, but make sure to use the 100% American-made cotton towels! You won't be sorry!

I tried Zaino, but felt too much like a mad scientist (three drops here, 2 ounces there, shake, good for 12 hours, etc.etc.etc.)  I have since went to Meguiars NXT and Quik Detailer spray.  I don't wax very often, but I spray after every ride or just before the next.  There's really no need to pull out the garden hose anymore.  Here's a pic.
that is a WICKED-shiney Busa, soon2be....

dayum that looks sick!

I clean it with water... but dont use a pressure gun!!! Its worked for me with all the bike I have had....

S100 for a quick detailing - stuff works real nice on the Busa. I use 3M products, the hand glaze is A+ if ya can find it (tyr a pro paint supply retailer), and Wizzards Glaze is also excellent. Simple Green for the real nasty stuff, it works like a charm. WD-40 for cleaning the chain/ not lubing it.

Mr. Clean car wash system is handy, but not perfect/ close , but than again I have very hard water. I use Rem oil on all the fasteners bolts, and graphite lube on the cables.

I use a secret combination...but I willling to share it with just the board....are you ready.....Pssss cmere don't want everyone to hear this....SOAP & WATER...
laugh.gif

^^Avatars with Hayabusas up on one should be banned^^
At least until I'm able to do it
down.gif

Thank you!  
jump9.gif

I was planning on purchasing a grinder this weekend ...

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123675993 -->

Wash with Dawn dishwashing soap to get all the grime off (including previous wax coats) and then use Zaino to bring out the beauty!  It may seem like your making a potion, but it works very well!  The Z6/Z8 is great stuff, but make sure to use the 100% American-made cotton towels!  You won't be sorry!
if i remember correctly, dawn, or any other dish soap for that matter, is not good for the clear coat.

i bring the bike out of the garage, bring out the soap and meguirs wax and lawn chair then i go inside and tell the g/f that the bike is dirty and i want it cleaned and that im thirsty.

wait 5 mins sitting in lawnchair

watch g/f wash and wax bike in bikini while drinking a cold beer

hahaha

Mothers. She don't really get that dirty and gets polished before each ride. The Mothers Show and Shine spray works good for me.
Use Mothers products for all vehicles and have had good results so far.

I use zymol products, they make just about anything shine, leave a very nice smooth wax behind, and for the added bonus smell like coconut sun tan lotion. I was using the hose pipe and WD40 to clean chain grease from everywhere.
I used mothers for a while also very good products very similar to zymol and easy to find.
And as far as aviators with busa's on one wheel, put some one on the back of the bike, hit first gear at about 15mph, release the throttle, then hit the throttle. I guarantee it will be a brown trouser alert, you may touch cotton. The person on the back will proably walk home. Not recomended for people on there first bike with 2000miles on it, but it will leave you smiling!

Back