Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Moore Gen 3 clickbait?

My opinion is that some track mods work on the street scene and some are for track only i use 18-45 for the street and i love it i dont have any willie isues and im short wb at 61 and a half im strapped and i have suspension adjusted. One thing ive heard dont remember in what Brocks or Moore Mafia video i cant find it now that the Gen3 clutch mod is not necesary needed for the street so then a person like me that only uses the bike for street racing trying a few mods here and there i dont see it fair to spend another $1,000 to see if the Gen3 clutch mod works or not. Let us know your friendly opinion thanks.
yeah the clutch mod is definitlly a track oriented thing and if you're not launching your bike hard wont notice a difference. Its a few ounces lighter than the stock clutch but not worth it for roll racing

This is all academic to me, and I'm considering looking for a rehab program. I seem to be fully addicted to low end torque. I don't want my power band moved to the right.
One symptom of this is when I think about a second motorcycle, it's the Rocket 3.

I am curious about the Brock's clutch mod. Did I hear Chris say it was bronze? What part, the plates?

This is all academic to me, and I'm considering looking for a rehab program. I seem to be fully addicted to low end torque. I don't want my power band moved to the right.
One symptom of this is when I think about a second motorcycle, it's the Rocket 3.

I am curious about the Brock's clutch mod. Did I hear Chris say it was bronze? What part, the plates?
For most people, the stoc powerband is absolutely perfect, my bike just lives at 8500+ lol

For the clutch mod, it basically converts the Gen 3 clutch to a modded Gen 2 clutch

For the clutch mod, it basically converts the Gen 3 clutch to a modded Gen 2 clutch

But it eliminates the slipper function. I modded my my gen 1 clutch and never had a problem until the track, and even that wasn't really a problem. Going into turn 11 at Laguna Seca I did lock the rear downshifting. But big deal, the back end sliding around a little during hard braking isn't much of a challenge to anyone who can ride a bicycle. And that was really keeping the RPMs on the boil. Nobody does it that much on the street. I'm a fairly strong guy but those stiffer clutch springs did make for a stiff arm at the end of a long touring day.

Oh wait, when Chris Moore talked about the mod being brass he was referring to the color of the anodized parts. Okay that makes sense.

Im going to try to meet him! I think it would be cool to listen to him talk. I hope one of the Turbo Gen 3 is there to look over
Man thats awesome. If I could have swung the funds Id shipped mine out and came to hang. Hopefully @pashnit will make it out to Pamona. He probably has more seat time on a busa than most on here. @dadofthree Also is a mileage warrior. Also Mooremafia is def bringing the new 25th anniversary turbski to unveil at the event and trying to blow over 210 in the 1/4 mile is his goal.

This is potentially a perfect media storm Suzuki can take advantage of. Gaige wins race and championship on the gen3 in 25th anniversary livery, Chris Moore makes a really fast pass on a stock looking 25th anniversary gen3, that you can purchase, and the gen 3 is so good that u get a warranty with the turbo, they can word it really good and make the most of this.

No other manufacturer has an activation like this, hopefully they capitalize.

This is potentially a perfect media storm Suzuki can take advantage of. Gaige wins race and championship on the gen3 in 25th anniversary livery, Chris Moore makes a really fast pass on a stock looking 25th anniversary gen3, that you can purchase, and the gen 3 is so good that u get a warranty with the turbo, they can word it really good and make the most of this.

No other manufacturer has an activation like this, hopefully they capitalize.
Hayabusa guys beat on the Gen 3 a little for not being "more" than the Gen 2, but Ive noticed everywhere I go with mine, especially looking how it looks, even the S1K/14R/Gixxer guys still respect it because it *could* be a 270hp monster than will run them down without trying. Outside of our circles its still a Hyabusa, to us inside the circle its just a dammit I need it to be faster lolol. Im starting to hear and see local ads for the Pomona even and they're specifically talking about the Hayabusa showcase, not just a suzuki Showcase. Its pretty cool to see.

Hayabusa guys beat on the Gen 3 a little for not being "more" than the Gen 2, but Ive noticed everywhere I go with mine, especially looking how it looks, even the S1K/14R/Gixxer guys still respect it because it *could* be a 270hp monster than will run them down without trying. Outside of our circles its still a Hyabusa, to us inside the circle its just a dammit I need it to be faster lolol. Im starting to hear and see local ads for the Pomona even and they're specifically talking about the Hayabusa showcase, not just a suzuki Showcase. Its pretty cool to see.
Little sneak peek

Screenshot_20231027_163027_Instagram.jpg

Yea I just saw the video posted where he picked it up from htp. Probably 7.20s at 200 if the conditions are good and they got a good setup. I wonder if they’ll be at irwindale next week to make some more test hits before Pomona, or if Pomona will let them test Mon and Tuesday

@Dnyce im sure hes got dialed in close. There are other HTP bikes in the wild that many dont know about over in the middle east. Tuned by Towner is around the globe.

Exactly! Just laying our buttocks on a potential monster still garners respect from others. It's a silly mentality, but hey, we'll take the street cred. :p

1.5 years into ownership, I still think to myself most times before or after a ride, "Wow, I have a Hayabusa. I finally have one!" :D

Top Bottom