Chome wheels

joncook06

Registered
i am looking at getting my stock wheels chromed. Is it a bad idea to reuse the bearings? I have an 08 with 9000 miles.Also this sounds dumb but i don't know which part is the hub and it is extra to chrome, is it visable?

I have a set of chromies for my 08.

(As well as all chrome rotors, sprocket and sprocket carrier - would like to sell these actually/ but they are not listed on this site.)

The chromer swithched out my bearings for me. They said they do it all the time.

Personally, **** I **** could not come to grips with this solution and my but flying down the road at huge speeds and lean angles - so I bought replacements. Good luck with YOUR decision.

Hub is explained above and is visible.

That bearing is approx $30 plus; plus. The cost of prepping/ chroming the hub is prob close to 80??????

Just got a set of chromed rims and went ahead and got the Hub, Yes it is visible and yes might as well go ahead and swap out bearings while your at it.

OOOPPPPPSSSS, clarification to above post. I'd like to sell the chrome rotors (front carriers only are chrome / not braking disk) front and rear, and a chrome sprocket. I haven't completely decided if I will run the chrome hub or not at this time.

My chrome wheels will likely be installed for 2009 as I doubt I can afford any aftermarket hoops in this economy.

Back