checkered flag motorsports tre

scooterlord

Registered
well, so, I order a tre from these guys via ebay for a friend. I told my friend to be confident, that the part will come and so on. and so the tre arrives; 'sealed' in a custom made plastic bag. take it off, get it installed and FI light stays open, idle is jerky, hesitates on the open of the gas (i had created a previous post asking about this). so, from what i hear from both you guys and the seller it's NOT supposed to do that. so i ask him, will he refund/replace part if i send back? he answers ok to both.

..my friend got pissed by this, so he decides he wants a refund, i ask the seller if it's ok, he accepts, so i send the part along with a printed piece of paper for a REFUND.

..and the jerk sends another tre again. and guess what? it still doesn't work! tried it in 2 busas, one 01 and one 05 model; got the same results. so i send a couple of emails back and he just ignores me!!

..and I am like WTF? i send him again a couple of emails that doing this will give him +1 negative feedback at ebay and that i would do something more than that (..where this post comes in, hehe). give him a couple of days time and then i give him a negative and here is the thread.

absolute F*CK if you ask me. DON'T BUY FROM HIM. he is **** and so are the tre's he sells. and by carefully reading the feedback afterwards many more were as displeased as i was. just keep it in mind people

DON'T BUY AND also post elsewhere in other forums to protect fellow busaers. there goes 65 bucks..

Which TRE did you order? I ordered the switchable one from them and it works like a charm.

Wasn't there someone else here who recently complained about the Checker folks' TRE as well as their customer service?
rock.gif

i sent one back to them on oct 10 as per them for repair
i never got anything refund or another tre.
yes they suck
firedevil.gif

if your TRE has caused the FI light to come on...then YOU most likely plugged it into the wrong harness.

There are two similar plugs under there.
You need to make sure you are plugging into the one that can be followed back over to the right hand side just above the clutch cover near where the starter is. That is where the wires attach to the back side of the "gearbox".

Once you can confirm that....the fee free to flame on....but there are as many people that make that mistake that have to ask about TREs in the first place.

Not flaming you...just thinking you might need a little assistance with ensuring proper installation

beerchug.gif

hm... well, you must be REALLY stupid to connect the tre to the fuel wiring, so...

i was plugging it correctly... can i flame them now?
smile.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

thanks for pointing it out though for newbies!
biggrin.gif

(scooterlord @ Nov. 11 2006,04:41) hm... well, you must be REALLY stupid to connect the tre to the fuel wiring, so...

i was plugging it correctly... can i flame them now?
smile.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

thanks for pointing it out though for newbies!
biggrin.gif
what brought it out was that when you install it wrong....it does exactly as what you were describing....tripped FI light and erratic idle.

that is that same complaint many people have had..only to find out they used the wrong connector.

nobody was calling you or anyone else stupid.

many have installed them in the wrong place.
good lookin out BusaCruise
beerchug.gif

(tinbender0 @ Nov. 11 2006,11:57) Mine didn't do anything for my bike
SHOCKED.gif
doesnt do anything over half throttle except remove the speed restriction.

dang this is the last topic i posted in and now my rating is down to 4 wow
guns.gif

well, i've got some news for you guys...

looks like this mofo dropped his original account in ebay and started a new one. looks like seller's id in ebay is 7176009377. one of his auctions is auction number 260052689301.

take notice people and DO NOT BUY FROM THIS ONE. looks like he cheated a lot more. this information i got from another fellow busaer that was kind enough to send me a pm via ebay to let me know that this guys is still trying to cheat on people. flame him guys!
firedevil.gif

Personally, I would never buy electronics off ebay. Just asking to get burned. I'm happy to pay my dealer a few more bucks and order through them. Then, I can take anything back to them that doesn't work. They buy direct so it makes any problems much easier to work out.

Those guys on ebay, make me nervous. Although I do buy things off ebay and have for the most part, had pretty good luck. But like most who buy more than once, I've been stung too.

uhm, problem is when dealers around your neighbourhood have no idea about what a tre is or how it works, and since so many transactions have been done through ebay why not do this once more and save a few bucks? :/

if you don't mind...waht was the auction number from your purchase?

this new account you linked to doesn't have ANY history...not even that the user changed accounts.

it's a shame that you are having such troubles....but there are those of us here that have had a good experience with checkered flag....they sold some stands here once.
perhaps welders and TREs do not mix....dunno

but if you could provide that other info it might help.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRE-for-GSXR-600-750-GSX1300R-HAYABUSA-1000_W0QQitemZ180051314729QQihZ008QQcategoryZ35580Q
QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

99_red_balloons_go_by( 0 )

they have tre`s with checkered flad wrote on them

Back