Check this out on R1 board.

I agree with some of what they're saying (as I posted). But the guy refers to the R1 a scapel and the Busa a mallet and he'd rather get hit by a scapel. Well he hasn't seen what a good swing from a mallet can do. I posted that a scapel would be clean requiring a few stitches and the mallet would crush usually requiring amputation.
laugh.gif

Seemed like a very open-minded discussion. Valid points for each bike, but I agree the scalpel vs. mallet comparison is probably not correct.

hey I own both.
I spoke my true opinion in my BUSA R1 pics thread.

my biggest problem with the R1 is :
everytime i ride the bike on a lightly rough road, the bike damn near tank slaps me everytime
I hit a small bump. with the BUSA it doesn't even move stable as hell.
and for the men on this board, if you like your nuts, then don't get one. they get
crushed often.
sad.gif

good discusion but neither bike is a beginner bike... statemnet that was said you will be doing 100+ and feels like you are doing half the speed..
smile.gif

Well Thats a pretty fair and balanced discussion of the differences between the bikes and their suitabililty for newbies..

NOW, How about the ugly side?  Check out this choice tidbit on a Local Tampa Board...  

Feel free this time to tee-off on his ignorant ass...

SQUID's Busa Report @ Streetknights.com

I'll find him soon enough,  It wil be...educational...
devil.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083435130 -->

I thought that was a good topic and they did not flame him for asking about something other that a R1. I have seen that on boards before.

1EXOCET I am in Fairfield (about 1-1.5 hrs away) We should hook up sometime and ride. I am supposed to get the bus dyno tuned next week sometime. Hopefully that is. I am still waiting on a damn IAP sensor.

wait the thread about R1 and BUSA's is about Newbies riding them?
if that's the case, then my bad...... I thought it was the same ole song.
I've had my M1 license since 1989 and the R1 is my 8th bike.
blush.gif

apples to oranges, what should be compared is R1 vs zx10 vs gixxer1000 as first bike or
Busa vs zx12 vs cbr1100xx as first bike. Why has all the HP hype got everyone talking about the Busa, it should be our personal mission to SAFELY "gut" every liter bike we come across. Okay lil steam flowin now, it's cool I'm calm, woooossaaaaa wooossaaa woosaa, there we go
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083446045 -->

Well Thats a pretty fair and balanced discussion of the differences between the bikes and their suitabililty for newbies..

NOW, How about the ugly side? Check out this choice tidbit on a Local Tampa Board...

Feel free this time to tee-off on his ignorant ass...

SQUID's Busa Report @ Streetknights.com

I'll find him soon enough, It wil be...educational...
devil.gif
Read the thread, after you came back hard all of a sudden he was kiddin. Fact of the matter he was probably scared to death and rode through the neighborhood and realized it was too much bike for his wittle body to handle.

sounds like fun rich....get ur dyno done and we'll get together. And im  
newbie.gif
hope dats ok wit u
later
That is fine with me. My bus has been down for about 7-8 months and I am just now getting her back going. So I am just trying to get used to here again (I have been riding my girls F2, there is a little bit of difference
biggrin.gif
)

sounds like fun rich....get ur dyno done and we'll get together. And im  
newbie.gif
hope dats ok wit u
later
That is fine with me.  My bus has been down for about 7-8 months and I am just now getting her back going.  So I am just trying to get used to here again (I have been riding my girls F2, there is a little bit of difference
biggrin.gif
)
I live in MILPITAS bout half hour from FREMONT.
Let me know when you guys are ridding maybe i can go.

Won't ever make me switch. But I do love the look of the R1. Considering a second bike, but I don't know if it will be another Busa, an R1, or a Gixxer 1000
rock.gif
Decisions...decisions...decisions
smile.gif

Vincebusa the only way that we are going to let you know when we are going to ride is if you stop typing in that bright greenish blue. JK I finished putting the bike together today and am still waiting on the IAP sensor. So as soon as that gets in I am going to try to get it dyno tuned.

http://r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61340
I think that is the only r1 vs hayabusa thread ever that was not polluted with garbage.  I love it.

SO whats your opinion?  Assuming neither are good beginner bikes, which is better for a first bike?

Jeff
I'd say Busa being it's less wheelie prone (not saying that's the ony thing to worry about) than the one or other liter bikes.

Back