Chatterbox

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
Im looking for one but what model do I need?

looking for one that can communicate with yall and connect to a phone/mp3 player... or just my iphone..

I want the cheapest one that can do all that.

XBi?

well found a X1 w/ bluetooth for 170 on CL. goona check that one out.

Pm me & lemme know what ya go with cuz I'm lookin for one as well

Thats a good one Kev go check it out...X1 is the one i got:thumbsup: I got a warranty from NCHM and they swap em out if they got a problem...just saying...

You have to remember to charge it if you put it on your helmet. Go ahead, ask my how I know. Doh.

I have the Chatterbox FRS Multi Sport, was a useless pile of crap, a total waste of money.

There are different models I guess I ended up with a horrible one, so much interference from other signals an such lousy range. I keep it on the dresser just to remind me never to buy another radio again.

Last edited:
i was looking at that one but it doesnt seem to use the same communication protocol the X1 does. meaning, it uses some other way to communicate with other riders instead of the channel setup the X1 has.

bummer! so if most of DA HOONS are still with the X1, someone with an XBi2 will get lonely :(

Why wouldn't they make new models able to communicate with older ones? That just seems senseless that they wouldn't?

did some surfing, looks like XBi2 is the latest and greatest in rider-to-rider comms: Chatterbox XBi2 Wireless Intercom with Bluetooth and A2DP

The XBi2 will only be able to communicate with two other people that has the XBi2. Purchased that for the wifey and I a while back and we only use it for the bluetooth connection for music and once in a while when we want to speak to each other while on the ride. :laugh: When we are riding with Scar and the rest of the Hoons (Need to do that again) we are unable to communicate with the group due to two different technologies. I am planning on picking up an X1 for me since my wife will be out of commission for the next year and a half. It will be nice to hear everyone communicate during the ride (me-Oh **** where did that 90 degree corner come from. LOL!).

Why wouldn't they make new models able to communicate with older ones? That just seems senseless that they wouldn't?

I also wondered why Chatterbox did not make the XBi2 backwards compatible with the X1. Then quickly realized its simple economics...much like how most of the Gen II Busa's parts do not readily/easily interchange with the Gen I.

Problem with Chatterbox is its over priced and for them money the competitive systems out perform it.....I think of it as an entry level...comms at speeds are bad..really in comparison with autocom and starcomm...they have not fixed this in yrs....but theyre claims are a top notch system...plus the mic interface in the headsets plain sucks..dont get me wrong...it is ok..i have one SIMPLY because thats what most riders run...but nothing beats my autocom...i can call tell my wife to have dinner ready on my way from LA doing 80 :thumbsup:

Kev...look in LA C-list for this .....Motorcycle ChatterBox! GMRSX1 Bluetooth Full Face Kit - $200 (Torrance) offer him $175

Last edited:
Back