Chatterbox review

BusaBoyBatman

Registered
So my friend Shaun ordered us a pair of Chatterbox GMRS and let me say it was 265 dollars well spent.No more pulling the helmet down to talk or straining to lean in and hear, all with the push of a button.Or the voice activated dialing.Which can be finicky,you have to adjust it with the conditions and make sure your buddies do too or else all you hear is the wind rushing in their helmet...not cool.I use the push to talk mostly.It mounts right to the side of my helmet and is very stable,even at high speeds.No more trying to signal for everyone to get off and getting split up is almost impossible,thanks to the 5 mile radius.After riding with people that have versus people who don't..it gets a little annoying.But not everyone can afford a 300 dollar walkie-talkie.It has inputs for cell phone which I will hook-up soon and input for cd,i-pod,mp3....On long trips I will utilize this,but driving in the city..HELL NO.Just thought I would give my 0.02,hopefully it will help anybody trying to decide to get it or not.Also,it makes you feel like a pilot,so start thinkin of names...Oh, it also has an input so you can talk to your passenger,as long as their helmet has the headset...but when I'm on the open road,I don't want to hear from the ol lady,2 taps for bathroom,3 taps for food and a squeeze on the thigh to cool my jets....that works for me

I bought them for me and my kids, 3 & 8. They both ride four wheelers with me. I did it mostly for the 3 yr. old, telling him when to brake, he doesn't do well on hill descent. He knows when to punch it, he's mud crazy. Gives me a little more control of their riding safety also. Plus, they think its cool.

Now I'll be able to utilize on the Busa. I need to look to see if mine has the phone input.

Thanks for the post! Nice to hear product reviews from folks using the stuff others are asking about.....

Thanks for the review. I have been thinking about this for my wife and I, but 500.00 is alot of money.

Hey ks-waterbug how about a group buy on this.

Here's what you need per rider for bike to bike communications. Works great as long as you stay within 2 miles of each other.

Chatterbox FRS-Pro MSRP $39.00
Chatterbox Pro-Pac System Communicator MSRP $59.99

This won't integrate your cell phone, iPod, XM Stereo, passenger, etc. But if all you are looking for is rider to rider, less than $100 gets you there. I use the VOX exclusively. I've never had the PTT out of the package.

Thanks for the review. I have been thinking about this for my wife and I, but 500.00 is alot of money.

Hey ks-waterbug how about a group buy on this.
Group buy would be nice
smile.gif
Also how does the unit mount to the helmet???

Back