Charleston, South Carolina

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Well as some of you know I do a little traveling for the Boeing Company and as fate would have it I took a chance on a little 3-6 month assignment at this location! Didn't put in for a chance to go to either Australia or Japan this time.... Nothing wrong with either of those locations just wanted to be a little closer to the family over summer. So, will be in town around the first week of April looking forward to meeting some members while I'm there. Won't have a bike at least not the first month. Might try to make it to the bash over one of the weekends... Will play it by ear since I"m not sure what my schedule will permit!

I can't believe there are no members living in this part of the Country! Might try to drive (car) out to the bash... IF I can get a weekend off.

Delta is going to open line maintenance there and I'm thinking about putting in for it. So let me know how you like it so I have something to go by.
beerchug.gif

You bet I should be in town around April 2nd.... This is my first time in S. Carolina so it should be fun! Hopefully, I can hook up with some members from the Org and get a chance to see the town from a local's perspective.

BUG!! I'll be in Florida for the first week of April (sping break), BMX racing with the boys, but will be happy to show ya around when I get back.
I'll shoot ya a PM....................

(hbr @ Mar. 08 2007,11:45) BUG!!  I'll be in Florida for the first week of April (sping break), BMX racing with the boys, but will be happy to show ya around when I get back.
I'll shoot ya a PM....................
Thank you! Dinner on me....

I need to locate an apartment for some of my stay! Any suggestions? I'm shipping my truck out and maybe the bike so I need to feel that my toys are going to be safe. Would really like to find something already furnished.

Bug- PM service seems a bit jacked........

You will be working at the Air Base?

Really depends on what you value. Apartments near base are not very nice. Traffic is hell on Dorchester Rd. too. Any help from your HR department on short term leases? I could recommend one if you have a list.

The West Ashley area off Hwy 61, near the beltway (I-526) would be a good area without a real big traffic hassle.

Mt. Pleasant is a good area, but traffic is bad coming towards the base, same with Summerville. West Ashley has a couple different ways out of it, and you would be opposite of the flow.

Let me know if you have considered anywhere yet and I can help out.

All else fails, get a place on one of the beaches
cool.gif

Back