Chain change

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I have a Tsubaki chain and sprockets and was ready to swap em with the old stock stuff ... but Busa chain doesnt have a master link like smaller bikes, anybody done theirs themselves yet? I need special tools or
rock.gif
??

( stock chain is in really good shape and so are the gears, just a little stretched  but solid otherwise...but they have just hit over 17K miles and I think maybe I should swap em )

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079072081 -->

These bikes should never have a clip-style master link. Two methods to remove the stock chain: grind the head off one of the pins, then pound the heck out of it with a hammer and punch - NOT Recommended.

The proper way is to get a chain breaker that can handle a 530 chain. I unfortunately did the former and not the latter and I have the injured hand to prove it (jacka$$).  

Also, you'll need a chain press to properly install the new master link on the new chain. Each of the above tools will cost about $20-25 each, and I hear that Motion Pro is a good brand to get.

I'm waiting on my press to come in today so I can get this whole chapter behind me.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: "dummy"|1079122532 -->

I forgot option C - take it all to a shop and have them do it. I prefer to be self-sufficient when possible and als since I don't have a competent local shop available.

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079122707 -->

Back