~~ Central Flordia members ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Flipped on the television this morning and see that Central Flordia got hit real hard.

Any members in need of assistance? Everything OK?

runeight...

(coke4class @ Feb. 02 2007,07:21) It rained like it was the end of the world last night... I was scared...
I bet! Man, it is a mess down there. 7 dead as of now.

runeight...

Ocala got POUNDED, thank God I have a Garage for Celine to sleep in.

No real damage though that I'm aware of city wide. Just gallons of rain and wind.

Ok in the Tampa Bay Area.. we got some good rain... and the wind was kickin all night.

But I saw lots of tornado warning in Polk and Citrus Counties (North and East of us)

I'm in Melbourne. Eastern Coast and on the southern edge of the bad stuff. It was raining and 74 this morning. Light rain and wind here. Supposed to get horrible here later. Tornado was north about 35 minutes of me here. We got hit by 2 hurricanes in 1 month 2 years ago so anything less is a cakewalk for us now. I got a whole house generator and food for weeks....bring it!!!!

I don't mean to make light of this. There are some people having a really bad time of this storm and others that have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to them.

Heading for the Keys next Tuesday, on bikes, unless this crap hangs around into next week.

I wanna say he (8daytona8) lives near the Fly-in somewhere but not sure..As far as i know Port Orange is okay, atleast where i am anyways..but never hurts to ask o see if someones okay or need help..

I slept through everything, one of the best night's sleep I've ever had. I didn't even know of anything going on until my wife told me this morning.

Kevin

I awoke at 5:15 AM with a POUNDING headache .... by the time I crawled out of bed popped 3 advil and made my way back to bed...all hell broke loose.
Flashes of lighting, power flickering and then the thunder started setting off all the car alarms in the area. After that, first round of thunder, it sounded like a wave was cresting over the house with all the water coming down.
If it had lasted another 5 minutes, we would have been unplugging everything in the house....even though we spent a couple of hundred on surge protection last year... I have learned that lightning goes where IT wants, regardless of what you do.
I am chalking the headache to my internal barometer... usually I would get one if a large cold front was moving through during seasonal changes...
But this one was fast moving and localized. Pressure must have dropped quite a bit! it's under 30in at this time.

anyone know if Jinx is in the area or talked to him?

(zukracer @ Feb. 02 2007,12:14) anyone know if Jinx is in the area or talked to him?
he's on the other coast ...and a bit southward ....doubt if any of the weather made it his way.

Just a lot of rain in Tampa . I didn't know there was some X weather happening . I keep my bike in the house so we are high and dry here.

Hey I'm here! What a great bunch!  
super.gif
Got home at usual 2300 hrs and it wasn't bad. It was at work though north of here when i left for home. Just some watch boxes that means nothing to mother nature or me unfortunately. Bad stuff all night but 3am some serious stuff! Thunder like i have never heard, and constant light that made it! came and past so back to sleep. Morning news! OMG call Mama in lake county, pissed her off cause it was so early! so she was ok! but then the pics started showing  
all_coholic.gif
I'm givin it up and going to you know where more often  
bowdown.gif
The houses here are some of the best built and less than a 1/8 mile away, was a mess, roofs, doors, trees all over. Q: Do they place manufactured homes (ones that had wheels) "nothin wrong with livin in one, We did" where tornado's roam
rock.gif
or what.
SHOCKED.gif
Ok these don't look to devistating but after the hurricanes we had didn't do any worse, and this is after a day of clean up! Too close for comfort! Prayers to those that were touched and worse by this. 19 at this point didn't make it.

AOL.com Images Not Available
AOL.com Images Not Available

wwwooaahh.. what?? What happened? Ocala got hit hard? what? I live in Gainesville and I didn't know something was going on
SHOCKED.gif

It rained all last night, but I thought it was just rain, no biggie... I was up all night studying too (till about 6 am when I took a 1 hour nap before my exam)... My little garage/shed thingy that I built in the back yard made it alright
super.gif

I hope everyone's OK.

my aunt owns sunshine mobile home park in lady lake. its been on CNN. they got pummeled. she and my grandfather are alright, but 3 dead in the park.

RIP

Back