catalyzer..wtf??

wickedsprint

Registered
Saw somewhere our bikes have a "catalyzer"..is this suzuki slang for a catalytic converter or are they talking about the pair system? All I see on mine is the header go into an X-pipe then right to the cans, so it seems obvious there is no cat, unless they did some voodo inside the pipes themselves.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120126549 -->

I believe the Brit/Euro spec Busa has them in the exhaust system...definitely not in US spec (even Cali model like mine)

Tony

I remeber reading it in an article where they uncorked a busa and a zx12r and pitted them against each other, they said the aftermarket exhaust removed the catalyzer, but looking under mine, and as you have done with yours, I wonder what they were talking about, maybe it was a british mag.

Nope.. My 05 hasn't got one..
Just checked ,Still none..
biggrin.gif

yeah I know they don't have cats, just curious what the article meant by a catalyzer, kinda weird. Do they all have O2 sensors, I could not find that either.

yeah I know they don't have cats, just curious what the article meant by a catalyzer, kinda weird. Do they all have O2 sensors, I could not find that either.
Hope you feel happy WS you have me crawling around the ground with a torch at 2.20am , the neighbours think I'm a nutter .

<!--EDIT|bigdr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120147209 -->

yeah..that was the post that made me look for it but I could not find the sumbitch, my garage light sucks though. Tomorrows mission.

I have a euro spects bike, It HAD a 02 sensor,lost that with the HMF install.:)

Dont know about the cat converter... not sure,

...but my european model had a o2 sensor and the PAIR... but i suppose the PAIR is present on all geographic varients of the busa!

Dont know about the cat converter... not sure,

...but my european model had a o2 sensor and the PAIR... but i suppose the PAIR is present on all geographic varients of the busa!
Shenoy, did you remove the #11 wire from the plug to disable the circuit? NJ. Thanks again for the yosh cans, they were exactly as you said,great transaction!

Back