Castroneves indicted on tax evasion

... you make millions.... how can you NOT afford to pay 5 million in taxes? ? ? My sub $50k paycheck gets a full ONE THIRD whacked off it immediately!! There is no REAL justice anymore

i tell you this, penske will not put up with that sh## and i bet you he will get rid of him. i work for one of penske's organizations and he is very strict about these kind of staff.

Not to defend him, but the tax code is a real mutha for all pro athletes. It's easy for them to get caught up in the BS tax code. Each State, County, City, Country takes a bite out of their earnings. It's a near impossible job to comply.

Think about how many venues a NBA player is in. He has to pay income tax to every State,City etc. he plays in and report his income for everytime he plays there, because they say he earned that income in their local. Add to that games he didn't play in or injuries etc and the huge variations of tax laws in the 50 states and cities.

Screw it up unknowingly a few times and it dosen't get caught for a couple years. Then when it does, the penalties and interest have compounded on themselves and they end up with a multi million dollar price tag.

Last edited:
Good he's going to jail because it's wrong not to pay your taxes. I'm glad now he can wear lipstick for the guys :lol::lol::lol:

Back