Cars, replacing pads and rotors.

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I never replace rotors when replacing pads, unless there is a brake shudder, or they are worn badly.

Today is one of those days where someone else is doing it, as the truck needs a DMV inspection also. Amazing how they try and put pressure on a person to buy new rotors, won’t give a warranty if they only do pads.

At the end of the day, it is all about selling extra parts and shop time.

I'm the same, I inspect my rotors but if they look good and aren't warped, I leave them and put on new pads...it's a very easy job to do. I also lube my caliper and pad sliders each time I switch out my tires (summer to winter and vice-versa), which saves the rotors.

In many cases a shop is there to make money, sometimes it's worth the money to not bother with it and other times it isn't.

I never replace rotors when replacing pads, unless there is a brake shudder, or they are worn badly.

Today is one of those days where someone else is doing it, as the truck needs a DMV inspection also. Amazing how they try and put pressure on a person to buy new rotors, won’t give a warranty if they only do pads.

At the end of the day, it is all about selling extra parts and shop time.
Aaaahh no, they only have your safety and best interests at heart . . .
well.. that's what they tell the customers anyway.

Aaaahh no, they only have your safety and best interests at heart . . .
well.. that's what they tell the customers anyway.
I think I remember my first Toyota did 300,000 miles on one set of rotors, where I came from we called them “Disks”.

They were not made in China back then, perhaps that is the difference.

Back