Carrozzeria or Marchesini

GR8WHITE

Registered
I really want BST wheels and have the money to get them but I just cant justify the price .
So now I'm looking at Carrozzeria V6 and Marchesini Aluminum wheels .
Cant decide on which ones to get .
Also , on the Carrozzeria V6 wheels come in anodized black or powdercoated black which color would look better on a blacked out 07 ? (these colors are quite different)
Any site sponsors carry these ?

Personally, I'd go with the powdercoat black myself. they'd be less likely to show dirt than the anodized ones. As for which wheel to go with....well, it's personal preference, I think. Both would be great choices.

Also, if you can afford the BST wheels, why arent you looking at magnesium wheels instead of aluminum ones?

Both of the wheel choices you have given yourself are both really nice.

Black Marvics  
bowdown.gif

I'll make you a decent deal on any wheel ya want,lmk..

Ebay_Inventory_101.jpg

GC. that bike is fricking sweet.
thumb_up.gif

Carrozzeria - good wheel at a very affordable price.
Marchesini - lighter then the CZ's, also more moola then the CZ's
Marvics - Very light, a blend of aluminum & magnesium, that is why I like these. A way to get into the Magnesium rims at a affordable price.

Still looked long and hard for used Marchesini wheels. Which I use today. Cant go wrong with any of these.
The Dymags might be my next buy. The CF & Mag rims.

Sport Rider magazine has a good article on wheels. But it seems to be down right now. http://sportrider.com/features/146_0402_bg/index1.html I think I have it saved to an offline file if they don't have it back up soon.

Anyhow if I remeber correctly the Carr was the lightest Aluminum wheel there. Wheel are so much a personal preference when it comes to looks. Carrozzeria V6 and Marchesini are both good wheels and the Aluminium might be more affordable and slightly stronger than the magnesium versions. The early Carrozzeria whells had some cush drive issues, but that seems to be fixed in the newer version. Both brands made the final 4 of my selection process, but I went with Marvics.

I went with the CZ's
When did you repaint it or did you sneak off and buy another one?

Oh yeah I went with the CZ's, you cannot beat the price...
Repainted it in spring 05. I was on the other bike when we hooked up in Daytona. Thanks again for the "T".

Talked to John a few weeks ago, he told me about your get off. Hope your mending up ok. I have a few spare parts if you need anything give a shout.

will catch up with you at Daytona or the Gap.

L8R

Sport Rider magazine has a good article on wheels. But it seems to be down right now. http://sportrider.com/features/146_0402_bg/index1.html I think I have it saved to an offline file if they don't have it back up soon.

Anyhow if I remeber correctly the Carr was the lightest Aluminum wheel there. Wheel are so much a personal preference when it comes to looks. Carrozzeria V6 and Marchesini are both good wheels and the Aluminium might be more affordable and slightly stronger than the magnesium versions. The early Carrozzeria whells had some cush drive issues, but that seems to be fixed in the newer version. Both brands made the final 4 of my selection process, but I went with Marvics.
I asked this a long time ago but does anyone have a head to head comparison on the cush drives (performance, weight, durability etc. )the aftermarket wheels do employ? In the Sport Rider comparison they stated that the OZ wheels were the only ones that used the stock Cush drive rubbers. But Oz no longer makes bike wheels. Also does anyone know what happened to Technomagnesio? They used to be a force in bike wheels and now I don't think they make em anymore. Or maybe I am just looking in the wrong places?
laugh.gif

If I had the money (I don't)for a set of BST's I would probably buy a set of Carrozerias and a set of Ohlins forks or have someone like GP suspension set up my stock suspension right.

Depending on how you ride the BST *MAY* be the best choice. If you are looking for looks it's a personal preference. If you are looking for performance the BSTs could well be the top of the line, from a physics stand point.

The reduced weight will help in several ways.

Suspension: when you hit a bump the wheel that weighs half as much will be forced back down to the ground (under the weight of the bike) twice as fast. Less time without a contact patch, more time with tires on the ground.

Launching and stopping: It will take less power and torque to start/stop the unsprung mass of the wheel. Or Same power moves less weight faster. Quicker bike.

At speed, the qyroscopic effect will be greatly reduced. You will be able to change direction faster or with less trouble. Better in the twisties.

There are some books you may want to look at that will explain these things in greater detail.

1. Motorcycle Tuning Chassis by John Robinson
2. The Racing Motorcycle by John Bradley
3. Motorcycle Handling And Chassis Design by Tony Foale
4. Motorcycle Design And Technology by Gaetano Cocco
5. Motorcycle Dynamics and Kinimatics by Vitore Corsalter

Food for thought.

Marchesini on my 2 Busas , they are excellent , don't write-off Marchesini ,

my 05 ,

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

my 06 ,

05-5.jpg

They are all so beautiful....if I had it to do all over again...I'd stay with my Carros
and yes, they all make a significant difference in handling. Raydog

Img_9205_Busa_Classic.jpg

I am biased to CZ's since I sell them, however, the wt' savings b/w CZ and March is nothing. Wt savings b/w CZ and Dymag comes down to about 2 lbs all from the rear wheel, fronts weigh the same. BST's will save wt over all these mentioned, and for the price they should. BST's are running about 5lbs for the front and 10lbs for the rear. I would hope that the additional couple pounds saved from the BST's would perform just a that slight bit better, but haven't tried them personally, but since they are not half the weight of Aluminum wheels (which cost less than 1/3 of the BST pricing) I dont think it would make enough difference for most riders. They do look pimp as can be though. Any of these wheels will make a significant decrease in input needed to control the bike during low speed (especially) or high speed maneuvers.

I would pick Anodized over powder coating, again out of personal preference.

Good luck in your quest and will be looking for pics once installed no matter what you go with.

Back