Cardon race cans

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Hi guys and gals
biggrin.gif

OK I know you have been asked this question before, but just pretend that I am thick (stupid).

Have got a chance of a pair of G-Force carbon race cans, will fitting these effect performance, ie the engine management
rock.gif

The ideal is that carbon is black, black is not a colour, but it looks good.
biggrin.gif

Come on you guys, help me out
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Sorted
smile.gif

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your enquiry...and your wife...for the purchase!

Hayabusa's are an unusual animal in that they can react to cans (Any brand) very differently. Although they are mass produced and therefore assumed to all be the same they do not seem to be.

We could get 10 brand new from a crate and they would all respond in different ways...?

They have a very good fuel injection system that in 9 out of 10 cases re-maps itself nicely and you will have good response.

However occasionally we get a strange response with either underfueling or over fueling.

To be honest the best way to deal with it is to fit the cans and see how it responds in the first 30 minutes....leave it running for 5 minutes for the brain to re-jig and then take it for a spin. YOU will know (More than any body else...as its YOUR machine and you are used to its little ways) if it is good straight away.

If nothing is negative at all...then great...you have a good bike!

But if there is any missing or backfiring or the bike dies on low throttle then you may need to have it set up or re-mapped.

All in all...as I have said...it doesn't matter what brand of pipes you choose...it will be the same outcome.

Hope I have helped...and could you send any nice digital photos when they are fitted...I am a big fan of Hayabusa's (We sponsored a racer in 1999 in the 1300cc sports production cup!)

Regards,

Mike Gent,
G-FORCE
biggrin.gif

Back