Carbon fiber wheels

I had a 1000 before and sure i miss it sometimes, they are very powerful and fun to ride, but i got bored really quickly from it,,, plus now my busa is faster than any 1000 :laugh: (worked a lot on it), but its really not the power im after, its the overall feel and use of the bike,,, busa is 1000 times better on long rides or if you want to cruise+you can still go really fast if you want:beerchug:

I hope you do that with the Busa too:beerchug:

I had a 1000 before and sure i miss it sometimes, they are very powerful and fun to ride, but i got bored really quickly from it,,, plus now my busa is faster than any 1000 :laugh: (worked a lot on it), but its really not the power im after, its the overall feel and use of the bike,,, busa is 1000 times better on long rides or if you want to cruise+you can still go really fast if you want:beerchug:

Just wrote all this and realized I may be hijacking your thread about you're AMAZING new wheels. They look f'in spectacular! I'm insanely jealous!! :bowdown:

Yeah man. I'm on a pretty much stock '99 and I was riding with a kid on a stock 08 gxsr 1k, and I could keep up, but man it was ALOT more work on my end...

I went from cruisers to the 'busa and it felt light for awhile, till I really started runnin with other guys on smaller bikes.

I think it's an amazing machine, and I've got a long way to go in mastering it.

But I'm thinking I'd be get more bang for the buck out of something that weighs 100lbs less cranking out the same power right out of the box.

But, I got a pretty good deal, on an awesome bike, and it's mine!

Maybe I'll tear into it this winter and put her on the slim fast diet!

It's either that, or buy a track bike. If I go dumping a ton of money into the 'busa then I'll get to paranoid to take it to the track... although I did get new insurance today and they said I'd be covered on track days!!! wooohoooo So long as it's not actual 'racing'

Just wrote all this and realized I may be hijacking your thread about you're AMAZING new wheels. They look f'in spectacular! I'm insanely jealous!! :bowdown:

Yeah man. I'm on a pretty much stock '99 and I was riding with a kid on a stock 08 gxsr 1k, and I could keep up, but man it was ALOT more work on my end...

I went from cruisers to the 'busa and it felt light for awhile, till I really started runnin with other guys on smaller bikes.

I think it's an amazing machine, and I've got a long way to go in mastering it.

But I'm thinking I'd be get more bang for the buck out of something that weighs 100lbs less cranking out the same power right out of the box.

But, I got a pretty good deal, on an awesome bike, and it's mine!

Maybe I'll tear into it this winter and put her on the slim fast diet!

It's either that, or buy a track bike. If I go dumping a ton of money into the 'busa then I'll get to paranoid to take it to the track... although I did get new insurance today and they said I'd be covered on track days!!! wooohoooo So long as it's not actual 'racing'

Thanks bro :beerchug: ... Covered on track ...... wow :thumbsup:,,, the insurance companies here won’t do it no matter what,,, too many hot heads :batman: ,,, another problem with the 1000 is that every 2 years they update (they didn’t this year due to the financial situation) but if u buy the best 1000 on the market today,,, next Dec you'll find a better specd one, or at least as good with a fresh looks... I’d say get a track bike and this way you can mod the hell out of it without worrying about noise levels and DMV. Going down the light weigh route is like opening Pandora’s box,,, it just keeps on getting more and more expensive.

Too bad they're soooooo expensive. Wish I could have some. The ole 'busa really needs to drop some weight. Thinking about selling it and getting a 1000cc. The newer ones are putting out some pretty serious power.

The liter bikes are really awesome and unless I miss my guess, the next couple years will see some serious power improvements. You have to see the BST rims and actually hold one in your palm, yes, you can hold the back rim in your palm, to understand the weight reduction.
The handling improvements can't be stated enough, I can take corners now that would have been impossible before and I have marks on my fairing from road contact. I had to take the feelers off my pegs.

Congratulations on your beautiful wheels. What, if any, suspension adjustments (compression, rebound etc.) did you do to compensate for the reduced weight of the wheels? How many clicks more or less?

Congratulations on your beautiful wheels. What, if any, suspension adjustments (compression, rebound etc.) did you do to compensate for the reduced weight of the wheels? How many clicks more or less?

Thanks :beerchug: Nothing was needed on the suspention side. BST only recommends suspention adjustments if you face any issues with it... i just felt i could drop the PSI a bit but as is handles very nicely

Back