Car brake caliper paint?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Ive been thinkin Id like to change the color and fix a few scratches on the cars brake calipers. Its got a big ol set of Brembos so they're rather noticeable. I know that powdercoating would be the best option, but its not happening. Im not $400 into this idea after new seals and paying for PC, plus the headaches of taking em apart, putting em back together and then bleeding em 3 times over 3 days once they're back on, which these cars typically need, apparently, not gonna happen. So, how does the caliper paint hold up and lay down? I dont want it to look cheap or like it was done with a brush, which is rather popular amonst the tuner crowd in my area :banghead:

Does the paint lay down smooth?

Have a decent life?

Would you use it on your weekend car?

Any tips and info is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

are the calipers on the bike yet?

that type of paint is pretty thick and flows out nice...the kits come with enough material do 4 car calipers so you should have plenty to do the ones on your bike...clean them a few times...let them dry...scuff them up a little / tape off the seals...then use their cleaner / primer...then take you time painting a few coats on

I painted the calipers on my mustang, take your time and clean them well and they should look fine.

C5634CDBAC824C8FAB1DA82E7492A439.jpg

Dupli color and vht don't make any caliper paints in white :banghead:

Found one company, G2. Have to look into them a bit.

Omslaw has had some good luck painting calipers, he might give some good ideas, Omar???

Omslaw has had some good luck painting calipers, he might give some good ideas, Omar???

I forgot all about the blue calipers he did, they came out great!

Omar, you can either give some advice now or fix my screw ups at the bash, your choice. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Interesting thread, even if it was started by RR007. Keep going :popcorn: I'm listening

I bought my car new in 07 and first thing I did was put rims on it and painted calipers with high temp. Paint. Almost 6 years later and 60k miles and they still look great!! :thumbsup:

Just my 2 cents!!

I used the spray on duplicolor caliper paint that you can buy at Orielly, autozone, etc. They came out great and are holding up just fine. Just clean the calipers really well first.

Nevermind the filthy wheel....it's a daily driver rain or shine :D

10E146A4-D5DF-4CEB-AE5E-4CD478D81AC1-1828-000000F1F01E73E8.jpg

Looks like theres only one company that makes white caliper paint, G2. The reviews on em look good, but it need to be at least 55* to use, which is a bit more than I can get the garage with a heater, so Ill have to wait for spring. Pics of what Im hoping to end up with and I may do Vabs' car if she asks nicely:laugh:

7626226234_50ffe6e646_b.jpg

pinkstang1.jpg

I'm getting some duplicolor on Friday, I'll post pics as usual to let you see how it goes.

Back