Cap's Dragon Pics

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My favorite one is the one with Twotonevert, Julie and Semi in the pic with me.... Let's have it Tuffbusa.. tell me what I need to do better on body position... I will use it at the track day in May!

171650.jpg

171649.jpg

171651.jpg

171650.jpg

171649.jpg

171651.jpg

Great looking ride Doug, but I might be biased :laugh: Oh, I can see the comments coming and they want be about ride position :whistle:

Maaaan, that black is so sharp. Not being a homo or anything, but you look d@mn good on it.

Very nice pics captain :thumbup: OK so I'm a newbie but trying to learn so don't hate on me too much. It looks to me that your too upright. I think your suppose to have your shoulder over your tank and your head lower. You should be looking past your mirror. Hopefully Tuffbusa can school me because I'm trying to learn.:D Good looking bike the gen2s are growing on me.

Very nice. You need to turn your shoulders into the corner and drop your inside elbow. That will move your upper body down and to the inside. I know it's easier said than done.

Do as I say, not do as I do (cause I still don't do it right either, but I'm trying):

In all three pics, look at your inside (left) shoulder - you are leading with it, which automatically turns/twists your lower body back towards the bike/tank. Think about squaring that outside (right) shoulder more; you do that by straightening/laying your outside arm across the tank, as it forces that shoulder to lead. Look thru the turn and stop looking at/thru the bike (I caught myself doing the exact same thing).

What I noticed is that, driving the dragon is different than RIDING the dragon, as far as where you look. In a vehicle, you are looking for where you want to put your left front tire at the start of the turn (mostly I guess because you need to keep the entire vehicle centered in your lane); with a bike, you've got the entire lane to play with, therefore you should be looking for where you want to apex and exit instead of the exact point where you want your front tire to go. When I stopped looking for that exact spot in the road where I thought the front tire should be, and started looking for the exit, I got smoother, panicked less and didn't let every single impression/spot in the road surface bother me as much....

You should break down and buy some slip-ons.
The noticeable handling improvement from much less weight is well worth the money.
And it comes with looks and sound...and maybe even 1 hp.
Take them to your trackday and switch them out and see, as it's a 2 minute job.:beerchug:

Back