Can't get on site...new format

Ajay what problems are you having from your IPad? I am posting this from a Gen I iPad and I see the smilies on the right side. Here is an example from the smileys on the side bar :bowdown: :laugh:
Looks like reply with quote brings up the smilies on the right, Cap. :beerchug:.
Regular reply does not. Going Advanced gives the smilies again. Hitting the little smilies button on top of the regular reply box opens a new window with godawful load speed, but then is useless for actually entering a smilie.

Load speeds are generally slow for this Gen I iPad.

Ajay I just don't have speed issues on my Ipad.
No worries. I'm not complaining (really! it's griping, not complaining! :))

Posted that previous one at 11:30 pm eastern time. Must be all those heavy users in the west slowing down the oRg.

We are still running vBulletin...

The speed issue is one that is puzzling, we haven't been able to figure out why some say it's slow. For me...it's noticeably faster than before. It's just been a challenge for us to figure out what is causing some to say it's much slower than before....but we're still working on it.
This is the first time I've been on since the change.....everything on my end is exactly the same as before, but the site now loads dog slow compared to the old version. Honestly its not nearly as fun as it used to be. A good part of the problem is all the stuff loading up for every page...you can watch it in the lower left corner, just too much stuff. The site is wayyy heavier than before, but that being said I'm not going anywhere :laugh:
I need to add I'm on a very fast gaming machine with gaming speed cable, this set-up chews through everything quick, so I can imagine what some of the guys with slower machines must be going through :banghead:

I find the speed to be fine. Only change for me was a post will take a second longer when you hit submit....to be honest Lori. there was a poll taken and it was decided to take away your post ability..... kinda like a read write but all you were allowed was a read only....j/k..

I find the speed to be fine. Only change for me was a post will take a second longer when you hit submit....to be honest Lori. there was a poll taken and it was decided to take away your post ability..... kinda like a read write but all you were allowed was a read only....j/k..

Ahhh... I knew something was afoot! Actually, I tried to reply here,to my own post, and the page never loaded after at least 3/4 mins so I just gave up and went on Kijiji. Yet, this am, I was able to get on and post. Why is it that sometimes I can get on and sometimes I cant,mostly can't ,but yes, its frustrating and yes, I do miss the social aspect.

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, I just more often than not,get onto the site to post and read threads/posts ect...

I already voiced my problems accessing the site using my android...locks it up every time. Slowness is also a problem on this desktop..IE 8, using win XP. I have no problems on other sites.

Back