Can you recommend a stand?

Towboater68

Registered
Hello peeps! I am looking to buy a stand so I can do maintenance on the busa. I would like one that will pick up front wheel as well as back depending on which end I'm working on. (not together) can anyone recommend which stand they like and why? Cost really isn't an issue just want a good one I can rely on to support my baby! Thanks ahead of time.

Redline Stands. They are a sponsor here. Quality is great.

IMG_1798.jpg

Buy a forklift stand for the front, that lifts under the lower triple clamp. That way you can remove the forks(and set sag). As you obviously cannot remove forks from a stand that lifts under the bottom of the forks. The prices are about the same.
Even if you don't know how to work on forks they are very simple to remove(loosen 3 or 4 bolts per side and slide them out). Taking them to someone who can will save you alot of money as opposed to bringing the whole bike. If you can do forks, a forklift stand is the only way to go.:beerchug:

busa-headstock.jpg

I have a Powerstands Rear, I'd recommend that one too! But you can't beat supporting our sponsors. Or even showing up to a Bash you just might win one!?!

I've also never seen a stand that can lift the front or rear(not saying it doesn't exhist), and FYI, you never put the front on a stand without the rear being on a stand first.:beerchug:

The ABBA stand is great and the same as the 'Redline Sport Bike Motorcycle Center Stand'. It picks the bike up by the swing-arm pivot and is rock steady to work on (the rear wheel sits a couple of inches of the ground). You can jack the front off the ground by using a trolley jack under the header pipes.
You can fit this stand on your own and its easier that trying to put the Busa on rear paddock stand on your own.

I find nothing wrong with the budget friendly T-Rex combo I got from a dealer on ebay. The front has both attachments for fork or head lift.

Back