Can someone explain - riding in dealer mode

IG.

Registered
I went to the gas station to test ride a bike after I seemed to have gotten rid of C24 code. So, I left the bike in dealer mode purposefully. When you hit 3-4k, it feels like the boost kicks in - the power comes up pretty good. On the way back, I turned the dealer mode off, and it switched back to the usual feel. What's the deal here? Is it a secret boost button? :rofl:

I did mention in another post that I can clearly feel idle getting higher when I switch to the dealer mode while the bike is idling.

Last edited:
Safety mode for detuning the bike so if you are not use to the full power you can scale it down until you gain comfort in the bikes performance.

Safety mode for detuning the bike so if you are not use to the full power you can scale it down until you gain comfort in the bikes performance.

Ah, that seems the other way around - dealer mode seems to produce more aggressive behavior of the beast.

On production cars, there is a pseudo-dealer mode that leans the engine out and raises the idle to prevent spark plug fouling due to extended idles and short run times without the engine coming up to temp. It's usually gone after a certain number of key cycles or a continuous drive over a certain milage.

I wouldn't doubt the 'busa dealer mode is similar in function.

On production cars, there is a pseudo-dealer mode that leans the engine out and raises the idle to prevent spark plug fouling due to extended idles and short run times without the engine coming up to temp. It's usually gone after a certain number of key cycles or a continuous drive over a certain milage.

I wouldn't doubt the 'busa dealer mode is similar in function.
Thats exactly the response I've got since installing Gregs 1523455 top end switchable de-restrictor. I'm not complaing because its sharpened up the low end throttle repsonse a ton, and given a big hit of power at 5 grand and up. I'm not sure hows its doing it, but it is, and I like it :thumbsup: When I switch it off, the idle drops, and I immediately lose the sharp low end throttle response, AND the power boost at 5 grand and up is gone. I don't know what's in that crazy little switch, but I LIKE IT !!!! :laugh: :beerchug: :bowdown:

Wow! Is it safe to ride with the dealer mode ON? I actually installed a switch under the hump.

Besides the power surge, another reason to ride with dealer mode ON is - if you need to troubleshoot sporadic problem, you can switch to dealer mode and the moment you get the code, you know what it is. Oftentimes, when the engine cycled to OFF/ON, the code is gone (unless it's a permanent problem).

And, I want to see a dyno pull comparison - anyone?

What is dealer mode? Are you talking about A,B,C modes, or something else?

+1 what are you doing to achieve this"dealermode"? shorting two jumpers on the ecu in the same way you would to read a code? Is this "mode" something that should be driven in???

+1 what are you doing to achieve this"dealermode"? shorting two jumpers on the ecu in the same way you would to read a code? Is this "mode" something that should be driven in???

I believe he is talking about jumping the two wires in the plug next to the ECU under the rider's seat. :beerchug:

Are there secondary butterflies which ECU controls? Not that I've seen them..
no but there is a flapper in the airbox controlled by the ecu,although most peoples first ordeer of business is to either disconnect it or cut it out completely
Posted via Mobile Device

+1. When you need to read the FI codes. I have Gen 1 - no A, B, C modes.

:whistle:

is the bike suppossed to be riden while these terminals are jumped? i mean, i knew how to jump the terminals to get the codes( most obd1 automobiles use a similar method) but i didnt think the vehicle was suppossed to be driven while the jumper wire was in place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back