can decide to install sliders...

SPEEDEMON

Donating Member
Registered
ok i need help!!! i got frame sliders for my 05 LE but i just am not sure that i want to install them on the bike...i dont think i will like how it looks but on the other hand i really wouldnt like how it looks if it goes down without the frame sliders...
so will the frame sliders really help that much if it goes down??
one time it went down at a stop, it started goin down reall slow i lost balance and i put it on the ground real slow, only the case cover on the left side touched the ground...
anyway maybe you all can post some pics of what your bike looks like with frame sliders installed.
just dont wanna cut a hole in my plastics and then hate it and have a stupid hole in it!
did anyone else go through this when they put them on and if so how was it after installed?
anyway thanx, sorry about the long windedness, its my baby you know how it is!

Frame sliders are just that they protect the frame. However, will they minimize the damage in a slide, yes. Lots of folks have done there's recently and been happy that they did. Here are a couple pics of mine with different sliders and looks.

Baby_J___6.jpg

By the way, went through the same emotion about cutting the plastics. It took me a while to build up the nerve to do it, but glad that I did.

By the way, went through the same emotion about cutting the plastics.  It took me a while to build up the nerve to do it, but glad that I did.
How do you get the hole in the exact correct position? My fear is cutting the hole to find out it's off and I've just ruined some expensive tupperware.

from what i read dennisH is you take off the plastic and set up a lazer on a chair or somethin pointing directly on the bolt you are goin to use for the frame slider and then reinstall the plastic and the beam will point on the plastic exactly where the bolt is behind it...obviusly if the lazer moves or the bike moves within the time you set up the azer and reinstall the plastic it will be messed up...anyway once you got the lazer point on the plastic just mark it with a sharpie or somethin take it off and drill it...sounds simple enough but its just one of those things ...once you start there is no turning back.

Dropped my bike Sunday Night while pulling up to a signal light. I didn't see the pot hole, so when I put my right foot down it went into the hole and I lost my balance. I have a few scratches which need touch-up paint only...without the frame sliders, I would have probably needed to buy a new fairing. Cost to repair $6.00. Cost saving a few hundred dollars.

I'd definately recommend the sliders. I don't know how much protection they would provide in a crash, but in a slow or no speed drop, they would have saved me some scratches and a mirror.

Here's a thread I started on my slider install a month or so ago.

thanx thats what i need to hear...so i guess its worth the minor looks imperfection then...i knew that jst wanted to hear from all of you!
thanx:D

Where is a good sight to buy the sliders at?
Depends on which ones you want.
I am a newbie and don't know what are some good ones? I just want some carbon fiber ones to match my bikes dark look. That are good! So give me some good sights to buy some stuff, like a DB screen, sliders, stuff like that.
<a href="http://www.parts411.com">Parts 411<a> has good prices on lots of stuff. <a href="http://www.calsportbike.com">Cal Sportbike<a> is also good, but one of the few good dealers for SpeedoHealers. eBay is good for common items, but be careful.

I'm with you on the thought, but after I did it they look good and it's like insurance there if you need it. Would I have paid $$$ for all of the insurance policies last year if I new nothing was going to happen, hell no, but I did.
Think of it that way, makes it a lot easier to put the hole in.

I'm with you on the thought, but after I did it they look good and it's like insurance there if you need it. Would I have paid $$$ for all of the insurance policies last year if I new nothing was going to happen, hell no, but I did.
Think of it that way, makes it a lot easier to put the hole in.
your right about the insurence...
i know if i dont install them then tomm i am gonna slip on some oil at a light and kick myself in the ass for not puttin them on
wink.gif

I think everyone has gone through the thought process of whether to install sliders or not.  I had a local shop install mine. When he turned the holesaw on, I had to take a walk outside.  It was like she was going through surgery.  But everything turned out fine.  Pic enclosed.

<!--EDIT|soon2be
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126484143 -->

My_Busa_3.JPG

I went with the 5 inch extended frame sliders just to help keep the new paint off the ground. I still have oem cans on this thing and can get them off Ebay cheap, so why care if they get scuffed if and when it goes down or gets knocked over.

busa_outside2.jpg

Back