Can anyone confirm that there are no

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I googled a tax exemption for FL that stated if a resident of North Carolina, for example, made a purchase here in FL they would be exempt from vehicle sales tax because there is no motor vehicle sales tax in NC!

Is this true? Could I not just give the money to a buddy in NC to buy the bike and then have him sign the title of the bike over to me?

You must pay sales tax in the state in which you license the bike. Say for instance, you purchase the bike in NC and take it back to Florida to license it. You would not pay tax in NC when you purchased the bike but would pay Florida sales tax upon registering the bike in Florida. If you did pay sales tax in NC then most states will credit you for the amount of tax you paid there. For instance, if NC tax rate is 6% and Florida is 7.5%, Florida would credit you for the 6% you already paid in NC and you'd only pay 1.5% to Florida when upon registration of the bike.

Unfortunately, there is no way I know of to beat the sales tax on a licenced vehicle
sad.gif

That's what I thought. Here in TX it's the same. Tax on sale price. mmmmmmmmmm...tax would be much less of course if it was then sold to you for mmmmmmmmmm...$1...but who does that anymore?

It's possible but for Tax reasons not all dealers will play ball. Washington is getting really tight because so many folks are doing whatever they can to get out from under vehicle taxes.

I googled a tax exemption for FL that stated if a resident of North Carolina, for example, made a purchase here in FL they would be exempt from vehicle sales tax because there is no motor vehicle sales tax in NC!

Is this true? Could I not just give the money to a buddy in NC to buy the bike and then have him sign the title of the bike over to me?
http://www.ncdot.org/dmv....se.html

<!--EDIT|carolinadoublej
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146269344 -->

Is this true?  Could I not just give the money to a buddy in NC to buy the bike and then have him sign the title of the bike over to me?
yes, there is vehicle sales tax in NC
mad.gif

NH, doesn't have vehicle or any other kind of sales taxes.
Live free or Die baby.........

Back