Can a plane be landed

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 25 2007,20:18) Last time I was on a plane the lady behind me notices the wing flexing out the window and asks me is that normal, I said that with metal fatigue that it could crack and fall off. Now mind you she has been praying the rosery since we boarded the plane, she asks me if the plane can fly with only one wing I told her I dont know can a bird? I think she passed out! Didnt hear from her for the rest of the flight.
WRONG, just wrong
jump9.gif

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 25 2007,22:18) Last time I was on a plane the lady behind me notices the wing flexing out the window and asks me is that normal, I said that with metal fatigue that it could crack and fall off. Now mind you she has been praying the rosery since we boarded the plane, she asks me if the plane can fly with only one wing I told her I dont know can a bird? I think she passed out! Didnt hear from her for the rest of the flight.
Evil, Evil, Evil

I have flown in an F15 from Saudi over what used to be the Northern "NO FLY ZONE". I've never felt more comfortable or safer in the Air. It doesn't really surprise me all that much that it could make it home with most of it's wing missing. The fuselage on these things is very wide and generates a pretty good amount of lift all on their own. I am shocked that it didn't just catch fire and start burning though.

Always been one of my favorite planes, the F16 does nothing for me, while the A10 is still my all time favorite.

I have been up on the Fort Drum base and had A10's fly over me at the tree tops doing live fire with the Vulcan rotary cannon. Several hours of live fire... It was unreal, I could not imagine being on the receiving end of that thing!!! And yes the A10 is one very cool bird for sure... Thumbs up for Tenth Mountain!!!

Back