Can a Busa pull a trailer?

ufbusa

Registered
So this guy gave me an idea and I want to know if they make a tow hitch for a hayabusa. I would like to trailer my DRZ up north to the mountains. Would a busa be able to pull it? has anyone attempted this? I have shed some weight off of the DRZ, but it is still close to 300lbs.

526604660_4CPfe-L.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

I think it has the power, but I wouldn't think the frame and swingarm and trans are designed to support the drag of a trailer. I'm sure one of the experts will chim in, but I don't think it would be a good idea..... But I do know they make a single wheel trailer for the busa but I doubt it weights more then 2-300 lbs loaded. If you do it, be sure to post picst and let us know how it did.

btw

:welcome:

I've seen several Busas at the Gap with luggage trailers. So they make the hitch, and the bike definitely has the HP and torque. Don't know about the tranny , etc. but the drive should be pretty rugged to handle what the motor dishes out.

Also,........don't "lug" the engine and trans on hills. Other than that,......you should be fine. A Busa will haul it as fast as you wish to go!!:thumbsup:

my buddies ducati ran out of gas last year, I put my busa on fast idle leaned over and grabbed his seat, pushed him 4 miles to a gas station....lol
:poke: those things need more then 2.2 gal tanks

Ken, what is the brand of your trailer? Do they have a website? That is a good looking set-up!

Thanks,

John

Hi, I dont know if the same rules apply over there in the States, but the rules are very clear here in the U/K they are as follows :

In the UK in 1984 it became legal to tow a trailer behind a motorcycle. The rules governing the use of trailers behind motorcycles is set out in the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986. As far as motorcycle trailers towed behind a motorcycle are concerned the law is basically:-

The towing motorcycle must exceed 125 cc engine capacity.
The trailer has an overall width not exceeding 1.00m
The distance between the rear axle of the motorcycle and the rearmost part of the trailer must not exceed 2.5m.
The Motorcycle must be clearly and indelibly marked with it’s kerbside weight.
The Maximum towed weight, including the trailer and it’s load must not exceed 150 Kg (330 lb) or two thirds of the motorcycles kerbside weight, whichever is the least.
The UK speed limit is 60 mph on Motorways and dual carriageways and 50 mph on all other roads unless a lesser limit is in force.

For sure the Busa got the power to pull, but stopping and turning in a hurry!! The thought of that load behind you jack knifeing = scarey:drama:
Hope this helps Stay safe

Back