Cam tensioner questions

OB_JRBusa

Registered
Havent had my bike long enough to get into the motor yet, but can't help wonder what the deal is with the factory Tensioner. Is it designed like the GSXES of late or is it something new? Weren't the old tensioners designed not to overstress the cam chain as expansion of cylinder and head tends to overtighten the cam chain without said feature? Is this same idea being employed into the Busa?

Bingo you win the cigar
I still prefer the rachet type but Suzuki and other went away from that due to customer complained of camchain noise early GSXRs and especially GSX1100G and Katanas.
so now we have these that are suppose to not put excess pressure on the chain.the first batch GSXR750/600 recalled due to weak springs the problem was too many techs did not properly inspect the chain that now is weak and with the newer heavier wound spring SNAP failure.

Hey Johnny, so what you are telling me is that original Busa tensioner spring is the culprit. Spring breaks, adjustment stops, later bike jumps time due to sloppy t. chain tension at high revs? New tensioner has improved spring?

Dont mean to be so DUH when it comes to late model Zukes but I have been buried in the service dept. of a Hon/Yam/Kaw shop for the last 3 years. Yes we have a zuke dealer in my town but they are complete d*ckheads an cant hardly give a zuke away because of their icky customer relations, they also sell harleys so zuke is small fry, they don't care either. Very few zuke roaming town. So my experience is lacking. to me a late model is an air/oil cooled bike! heh heh! Way behing the times aye! I dunno squat about late models, that why I am full of questions.

K bikes used then in the ZX900a ninjas
and finally changed with ZX11
same type of tensioner except they went spring to rachet Suzuki went rachet to spring

Back