Cafe Racer Pt. 7

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Have you ever worked on your Busa for 3-4 hours and visually it looked the same as when you started?
Today I took advantage of a stripped and bare engine by cleaning little usually inaccessable corners, taking off now irrevelant wire holders, tie straps and stamped metal holders. Also, got the bottom end buttoned up (replaced dyno cover, safety wired drain plug, etc.).
Pics below are latest fruits of labor....notice shot of HayBus, just starring and waiting to be riden while I work on the new "relative".
Well, I now must go off and rake leaves, I'm feeling that male guilt that I've been doing too much selfish stuff lately! (gym, long distance bicycle rides, wrenching in garage, watching football.....some of you know what I mean!).

Doyle

ps ck out that brake pad!

P1020991.JPG

P1020993.JPG

P1020994.JPG

P1020995.JPG

P1020998.JPG

P1020997.JPG

Thanks for sharing that Ken, there are things to gleam from those shots! (not the helmet, however). Doyle

You should save and weigh all the extra bits you pull off. Maybe see if you can get this one lighter than the other

Thanks for sharing, its always a pleasure to sEe ur progress. Can't wait to see end results.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well after a ups misship we have all the parts to start the front headlamp/guage/turn signal setup...These light setups were well searched out and narrowed down to what we have pictured..The quality is great,sturdy well built pieces(smile Doyle great job).We will start build of 5 complete custom one off 2 piece head fairing stay assemblies(lights & gauges will all be on 1 assembly,but guage height/angle will be adjustable)tomorrow for use in future projects.Doyle will get the first unit and help us get it out there(Thanks Doyle). I gotta say these are the best turn signals to date,I have touched(always wanted to order a set,thanks again Doyle now I got a set for myself)and now see why they cost.You pay for quality.. :cheerleader:

Picture 5793.jpg

Picture 5794.jpg

Last edited:
Doyle here is the light with lights on in shop,lights out with me across the shop and a closeup with the lights off..

Picture 5795.jpg

Picture 5797.jpg

Picture 5798.jpg

Wow Daniel, those are potent little turn signals! BTW, Daniel is going to start fabricating a mount system that will hold the speedo/tach unit, the dual headlights and the tiny turn signals. I can't wait! More later. Doyle

:popcorn: I'm enjoying these time progressing slide show posts. Keep up the good work Doyle.

Thanks Brian, it's sure fun to work with Daniel and watch this beast slowly come alive! We will sure keep the posts coming. Doyle

Back