Buyers Beware: the nightmare Begins

I have bought lots of stuff off eBay, but nothing that expensive. Not true, I bought a project car from there but worked it out with the seller to put a small deposit and not pay the balance until I saw it. Like everyone else I would get very cautious about who I deal with. Hope you get that money back because that's right and you have worked hard for it.

I finally got an email from him today here it is:
Hello.I've not been able to reach the owner and shipper of the kit.I do not know what happend or where he is.I need the money back from this guy and i need to know what is going on here.I cant beleave he would take the money and not ship the item.I agree Shawn has made a bad choice and a mess of this deal but you must understand I've tried everything in my power to reach him.Now i find myself having to pay back a debt thats not mine.The only way i can refund your funds is in about 30 to 45 days,due to low on cash.Did not plan to have to pay for a refund on an item i never saw.I trusted he would do the right thing and i really don't understand what happend.So as it stands, i will have to refund you but it will take some time, like i said above.I cant cover someone's fault at the snap of a finger.Ill be in-touch to let you know i have the return funds and where you want it to go.Thanks.
I'm in a position here where I wanna believe that he got screwed oer by his friend just as I did, but his actions the past several days lead me to believe that he's just as culpable. Thanks for all your support guys.

I just got off the phone with the polie department. The are finishing up the paperwork then sending it up to the prosecutors office. He has not returned their phone calls either. Paypal is giving him until the 7th to respond, which he hasn't as of yet. I will get my money back rest assured, it's just a question of how long it will take.

Shawn ****ing who????? IF there's a 3rd player in that party, you need to get his name from that sniveling, coniving ***** Jessie. Funny how all of a sudden tho, that weenie boy's attitude appeared to have changed from Mr. Tough-ass to oh stick it in my ****-hole lover boy. Like all the rest of our brothers have said, people suck and it's *****es like him that severly need their asses kicked on a daily basis. I've bought some high dollar items on e-Bay and so far (knock on wood) i've been fortunate. I feel for your troubles brother, but he'll get his......one way or another. It always comes back.

Last edited:
Well I got another email from him. Now he's threatening to file charges on me for harrassment and filing false charges. I told him to go ahead, I have every right to continue to contact him until my money is returned and all charges i'm looking into filing are true. He's just trying to scare me and I'm not going anywhere. He's about to piss me off and thats not a good thing.

keep us informed on what happends..whatever you do dont let up on this prick. I think I even rememberthis kit and was thinking about bidding even though I already have one cause it was so cheap.good luck

I can tell you that Ripcord4 is a stand up guy. I am here in Iraq with him and it sucks to see him get ripped off after saving up his cash over here. I hope it works out for you man!

When you guys get back (godspeed), we need to go for a ride - I live in Pleasant View...got my retirement orders last week.

Thanks for the offer. We have to go soon because I just got orders to NTC a few days ago! Hopefully I don't have to take a detour to Wa. enroute to find this guy for Ripcord4. Thanks

This is exactly why we started the classifieds... So you can see the history of the person that your dealing with......

I am very reluctant in buying large purchases off of ebay. I had a friend while I was deployed in Iraq who was scammed, but this guy fell for lets do the tranaction off of ebay to get a better deal. Came out very bad. You guys be safe over :thumbsup:maybe I will see you when I get back there.
:banghead:

So Ripcord, what's the latest on this? Did you get your cash back yet?

I'll vouch for Daniel at Cloudnine. Have done some business with him and it's always been straight up. Plus, he's way helpful offline. You can't wrong with him.

I haven't gotten my money back yet but the officer talk to him (I got a very polite email right afterward) She is on top of it and I will have my money in a few weeks. I will be speaking with her again tomorrow.

Thanks great news, it sucks what you've had to go through just to get your money back!

Just to give you a final update. I got my money back from Paypal as you already know. I ordered a stage one from RCC turbos. Richard was great, I asked him alot of questions and he answered all of them. The Turbo is in the mail as we speak as a matter of fact it is inthe states already (wish I was). Anyway it will be waiting for me when I get home here soon. I will post a new thread with photos when I'm installing it. I ordered a PC III, a PC WideBand, A PC Touchscreen display, a PC Ignition Module and a PC Multi Function Hub as well. Threads will follow in a little over a month. Thanks everyone for there support and comments.

Back