busa wont start

jonxbusa

Registered
i have a 06 busa. it has been down for about 8 months or so. last time it was out the i dropped the bike at 60 and the stator cover and fairings got banged up. now im tryin to get the bike running again jus goit the stator cover and everything fixed. btu for some reason when i put the key in and turn it onto on position no power turns on. is there some kinda safety thing that would make it not turn on? or even give power to anything on the bike

Tip over switch? Also, check make sure all your connections at the battery are good.

The bike has a "Tip Over" switch...sometimes they stick after a crash
all_coholic.gif

Won't start till it gets reset
beerchug.gif

Like they said... tip over switch or, since its been a while... dead battery... do the lights and fuel pump come on when you turn the key? Does it turn over at all?

nothing happens wen i turn the key. not even the fuel pump or anything at all. the front fairing and left side fairing is completely off the bike. also where is the tip over switch

If nothing is happening, i'd suspect the battery being dead, especially if its the stock battery. They dont last long if they arent being used. You can take it to an auto parts store to have it checked out. If it is dead, there are alot of board sponsors here that sell alot of after market as well as stock parts for cheaper price than you will find it.

If the battery tests good, check the main fuse (under front edge of the tailpiece, left side).

I'm with him, where is the "tip Over" switch? I didnt even knwo it had one. Whats the purpose? Saftey incase of wreck?

well checked everything out the battery was fried beyond belief. i was able to connect a wire from pos. to neg. without a spark. so i got a brand new battery. now all i need is a front fairing thanks

Back