Busa+Wind=Take me home!

Tdog

Registered
Storms moved across the South last nite spawning tornados but today it is sunny and warm. The wind is unusually stronger today but I decided to go for a ride. My wife hasn't ridden with me on this bike yet but to my surprise she wanted to go today. Big Mistake!! Huge!! I've had numerous cruiser bikes over the years and have rode on windy days before but with my new bike the wind affects the bike a lot different. I'm assuming it's the plastic and less weight that's causes the bike to act like a sail when a cross wind hits. Not a very good first ride for the wife. Let's hope she wants to try again on a less windy day.

A sport touring shield helps alot on a busa [when solo anyway]But it's a joke compared to my 1800 with fairing.I just rest my right hand on the throttle any cruise reguardless of the hard winds.No comparison.

Yep, riding a Suzuki BILLBOARD in the wind can get exciting! The wind blows here so bad the are warning signs on the pass................

I think its the seating position.
I have a 08 busa. and my previous bike was a 95 cbr900rr.
I notice I really have to lay on the tank of the busa to avoid the wind hitting me in the chest. where on the cbr it felt like it took the wind easy, not much leaning on the tank.

I think it was last Tuesday I was riding in 30 MPH cross wind with 60 MPH gusts.

Now that was fun. :beerchug:

I think its the seating position.
I have a 08 busa. and my previous bike was a 95 cbr900rr.
I notice I really have to lay on the tank of the busa to avoid the wind hitting me in the chest. where on the cbr it felt like it took the wind easy, not much leaning on the tank.

hes talking about cross winds no matter what position your in your gana get hit and moved around. my 600 used to feel like it was skateing around in the wind needless to say the girlfriend didn't like that at all. the busa is way more tame in the wind but a good gust has me leaning way over to correct but it makes the ride interesting :)

I also went for a ride on Sunday through Geraldine(highway 75) and up 431 back to Grant. Went over the Guntersville Lake bridge on 431 and was knocked around a lot, worse than on the highway. Still a perfect day for a ride though.
Your sig picture almost looks like the bridge on 431 at Guntersville, lol.

Riding back north from Key West in the Keys late this past saturday night, winds were blowing about 20+ mph and even higher coming over the bridges where there was no blockage. It was interesting to watch the headlight beam-pattern on the ground as the gusts hit us, kind of like watching airplane wings bank back and forth. Was kinda fun actually once I got used to it !

I was cussing the wind last weekend, until I had it at my back for the last 100 miles on the way home. Dead silence. 80 mph felt like 25. Love a good tailwind.

Back