Busa Oil Filters

LiBusa

Registered
I'm reviewing my options for engine oil filters. I presently us the ML filter from purolator which costs me about half the price of a OEM filter. I understand that the filter I use is not a good filter. As a matter of conversation it appears that all the available filters including the factory one are not that good at filtering.

The recommended filter is the Purolator Pure One which has different threading which can be used by installing a different treaded fitting. Also the filter is taller which means that maybe some tube/plumbing may be in the way. According to Pulolator the pure one filter is to large for motorcyle oil pumps. Has any one done this filter Mod and if so does it work properly. Below is the site for the oil fitting adpter:

Bales Technical Service Oil Filter Adaptor

Regards,
Lionel

$15 bucks and shipping for a fitty cent fitting. Don't know brother, not only is it a tight squeeze getting the OEM out, it's pretty close to a header tube when installed. I know other filters are used, just don't know about the fitting and using other filters.

My bikes get the OEM every change, but then I've been told that dirty filters work better and I'm wasting my money.

I use the ML fliter never any problems, I read where it's one of the best. You'll always find someone saying don't use this one or that one.

I either use OEM or K&N myself. The K&N has a nut on the end which makes removal every with the hot headers there a snap. :beerchug:

I guess you could remove your exhaust system every time you change your oil and filter...

Dude there is not room done there for a larger filter...just use one of the available filters. The Busa engine is damn near bullet proof...I have NEVER seen or heard of anybody that did normal oil and filter service on their bike that has had any failures with standard filters.
Posted via Mobile Device

i just use a wix all filter. if you change it on a regular basis i dont think youll have a problem. i never have. dont believe the hype.

I'm reviewing my options for engine oil filters. I presently us the ML filter from purolator which costs me about half the price of a OEM filter. I understand that the filter I use is not a good filter.

Who is telling you the ML16818 is not a great filter? The only thing that adaptor does is allow for use of possible lower quality filters , with lower burst strenght. That oil filter test doesn't include one of the ML16818"s or talk about burst strength, that lack of being sufficient, can wet the rear tire down.

I won't be switching filters on my Suzuki's.

Purolator ML16818

Thread: 20mm x 1.0
Burst: 310 psi
Center Tube collapse: 240 psi
Micron Rating: 20
Single Pass Efficiency: 93.6%
Relief Valve opening pressure: 9-11 psi
Anti Drainback valve material: nitrile rubber
Media material: cellulose

I remember years ago Fram got trashed bad in here :laugh: That's all I run in my other vehicles. Nearly forty years :beerchug:

Still run the OEM on the bus :thumbsup:

i've never heard anything bad about Fram. Them and Mobile 1 is all i use in my vehicles. well... the wife gets conventional oil(she drives too many miles a year, i'd be broke with synthetic).

Suzuki oem is the choice for me as of now.I did consider the reusable scotts oil filter before.Any one tried them before?

Back