Busa metal question.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
For the past few weeks I have been polishing my frame and swing arm (pics will come upon completion). I'm doing it bit by bit so its taking me quite some time. The frame is done and the wide section of the swingarm is done as well. Now I'm starting on the swing arm "supports".

Here's my question. The most difficult part of this is removing a coating which is found on the metal. Most may have not noticed it but those who have polished their frame or swingarm should know what I speak of. I didn't notice it myself until I started this project. Anyways, sanding it off is a major chore. I was wondering if there is some sort of soultion that can remove it. I have tried the aircraft stripper but I guess that's only good on paint. I have also tried lacquer thinner but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions ... ?

when i polished my old gsxr frame I used easy off oven cleaner to remove the coating, just be carefull not to get it anywhere you dont want it

It is clear anodizing and as atticdog pointed out, it usually comes off with an application or two of Easy Off oven cleaner.

Thanks.
smile.gif

Back