Silver Frame Painted?

Stepsidez71

Registered
I have a 2005 with the silver frame. I has cleaning some chain lube smudges off of the swingarm and frame last night with Carb Cleaner on a rag. The swing arm looks fine but on the rough part of the frame by the seat where I rubbed it discolored the silver. Is this area Painted by chance? Is it possible that i rubbed the paint off? Is there anything I clean it with to make it look better?

Thanks

It was anodized. NEVER use carb cleaner on anything but carbs. It will destroy anodizing...

How I know? I cleaned some wheels once...

next time use WD40 or Honda cleaner.

Someone on the Org has theres painted hmmm someone will chime in and tell you who and add a pic good luck man :beerchug:

Ok its VaBusa whos frame is painted to match the color scheme of the bike looks real good

Last edited:
Someone on the Org has theres painted hmmm someone will chime in and tell you who and add a pic good luck man :beerchug:

Ok its VaBusa whos frame is painted to match the color scheme of the bike looks real good

Definitely!

carb cleaner will clean stuff that you dont want to clean, stick with what the product is desinged for trust me crome wheels dont like carb cleaner either

probably not the best advice, but why not go to a hardware store and find a paint that would match the frame. give it a light spray in an unrecognizable area and go from there. ???

Back