Busa is growing on me

The Kanji means "Accurate" suggesting Power. Hayabusa is the Japanese name for the peregrine falcon that hunts black birds as it's primary food source.

OP: Welcome to the board. Ride both bike and take the one you like best from the ride. The rest is cosmetic. The rear you won't see when you ride. The Busa will drawl more attention in a crowd of bikes that a ZX-14. Both are insane bikes, so pick your poison carefully.

:thumbsup:

x 2 :bowdown:

Yo bro... you either have busa blood in your veins or you don't - simple as that. I wanted a busa the very first time I saw one, and I didn't even know what a "kanji" was. Bottom line, this bike is a revolutionary piece of mechanical engineering - the best in the world. It didn't just break the mold in the biking world, but it created a new and higher standard for other bikes to live by. Many others have tried, but the busa still reigns as king. You either want it, or you are willing to settle for 2nd best.

and that's my $.02

peace

:welcome: Just go look at them both, sit on them, or ride them, and buy what fits you better. I would'nt worry about looks as much as what fits me better. I like the zx14, but It dont fit me as well as a busa. and as far as the rear of a gen2 busa, I never notice it as i am looking at the front.:lol:. The new rear took alot of time for me to get used to, but now, you could'nt give me anything else. the busa is all that and then some, and i'm not just talking, I have owned alot of bikes.

either bike would rock... BUT THIS IS the .oRg... does the Zedx had such place? sometimes it is not just about the bike..

:welcome:

I currently own a 2005 Kawasaki ZZR1200 (Stock w/ 158HP at the crank) and love the bike, but I'm looking for something with more punch! I am really banging my head between the 09 Kawasaki ZX14 and the 09 Suzuki Hayabusa.

I love the larger fairing and windscreen of the Busa along with the instrumentation layout. I like the looks of the Busa from the tank to the front tire, but that rear end is tough to love for me. From what I read the ZX14 and Busa are like two brothers from different dads and are pretty tight in their numbers. The only other thing that bothers me about the Busa is those 1990ish mirrors. If the analog gauges are amber and I could replace the mirrors and remove that HUGE Japanese characters in the front fairings I think I would be sold on the Busa because I'm looking for a bike that will protect me from the wind like my trusty ZZR1200.

The only thing I like about the ZX14 over the Busa is the mirrors, the looks from the rear of the tank to the rear tire and that ZX14's are more rare on the street.

It was never my intention to dis the Busa because I love the bike and I'm just on the fence and wanted to get your perspective.

Thanks for allowing me to rant and I look forward to your post. :)

You know, you can find a lot of people who will complain about this or complain about that, but I suspect most of us who ride Hayabusa's don't imagine ourselves to be a Kenny Robert's. We usually have wives and children counting on us to come home in one piece. And after visiting friends in hospitals and grave sites, I never really wanted to push my luck to the point of finding out where traction broke and asphalt smacked, especially at the kind of velocity a Hayabusa can achieve. I mean it really is hubris to think I'm all that when it comes to my riding ability vs my friend who was seriously injured or killed. Over the years I've learned to do what I feel comfortable doing, and that mostly is straight line racing, like top end runs where there is little or no traffic or, 1320 foot runs on a dragstrip. And after almost 40 years of that, guess what?, I've never had a crash doing that. But every single one of my friends pushing the envelope in turns, and racing in traffic, have been seriously injured or killed. And lets not forget about all the accidents they had before the serious injury or death where their motorcycles were damaged or totaled.
I know this is a bit of a rant too, but it also has a validation, because most of us just want to have a good time on a very powerful motorcycle.
This much I can tell you. The gen.2 has a better feel in handling and better brakes than the gen.1. And with my body weight of 145 lbs. I have never been beaten by a stock Ninja in acceleration. And I have owned one of these bikes since the second model year.
So to make a long story not any longer, ha, choose your poison and go do what you can do.

Jim

Taking the Kanji off the side is like taking the name off the bike
Yes I have taken the Suzuki name off my bike but never the Kanji which means Falcon or Hayabusa . The Kanji is part of the identity of the Hayabusa

Could not disagree more. The Kanji is a cheap POS sticker, nothing more.

Luckily, it comes off very easily with a hairdryer and a little patience.

Taking the Kanji off the side is like taking the name off the bike
Yes I have taken the Suzuki name off my bike but never the Kanji which means Falcon or Hayabusa . The Kanji is part of the identity of the Hayabusa

Oh, no,no,no..You never ever want to mess with or remove the kanji decal.
From what i have heard, if you ever remove the kanji decal it brings bad luck and you go missing and will never be heard from again. Yes indeed, it has happened to a few members in here already.

Thank you everyone for the insight!

I have been leaning towards the Hayabusa and after looking at aftermarket mirrors, and cans as well as the ability to remove the HUGE hanji sticker I'm getting hooked. I love the Busa instrumentation, front end, wind protection and sitting position.

Thinking about getting the Black on Orange color as it seems to be a more rare color.

Take care all!

Thank you everyone for the insight!

I have been leaning towards the Hayabusa and after looking at aftermarket mirrors, and cans as well as the ability to remove the HUGE hanji sticker I'm getting hooked. I love the Busa instrumentation, front end, wind protection and sitting position.

Thinking about getting the Black on Orange color as it seems to be a more rare color.

Take care all!

Good Man ( go gunmetal ) :whistle:

Could not disagree more. The Kanji is a cheap POS sticker, nothing more.

Luckily, it comes off very easily with a hairdryer and a little patience.

That's kinda of like taking the snake emblem off the fenders of a Cobra Mustang isn't it? It's not like it hasn't been there from the beginning. It's part of the distinctive look of the bike. But to each their own.

Back