Busa Hospitals and Free Clinics

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Everyone,
I floated a couple of ideas a year or two ago, thought it might be time again...
At the Bash (and other MnGs), Hal brings the Busa Hospital - yes he was absent in April, but that was a ONE TIME FLUKE! Anyway, some of you who went to the Bash may have seen Bessie's house, aka the Free Clinic. So - I would like to gauge interest in maintaining an "inventory of spares" for the people who normally bring facilities to the different MnGs... things like:
Handle Bars
Turn Signals (Front and Rear)
Wheels
Inners
mirrors
Windscrens
Stator Covers
Rear Sets
Tail lights
Bar ends
cans
levers

I am looking for interest, because this is gonna take an investment of sorts - either in spares as you mod up, or maybe in donations to buy the spares people are selling. Anyway, just throwing it out there...

I had also thought about stockpiling a couple of sets of mirrors, seats, clutch covers and inners for members to borrow so that they avoid down time when they get Tobins, or painted inners or clear clutch covers or modded mirros etc.. same idea... just throwing it out for thought.

MCM

This way, there is no digging around for spares, they are in one place and everyone knows what is available and where it is.

Shawn,
I have bar ends, mirrors, stock levers, and front turn signals....you can have it all. Very good Idea....
clap.gif

Do we ship em' to you? I have a set of blue levers that prolly look very familiar to you
winkold.gif
and a set of stock rearsets......

DD

I'm sure I can dig up some spare parts... Where do you want me to send them? Or should I just bring them to our next bash?

love this idea...i've already got a few parts in the Busa Hospital and have a complete stock exhaust, levers, brake and clutch lines, and maybe a few other parts once i can get them to GSXcite and we can figure out how to store and secure them for traveling if he is interested
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
I have some stickers and reflectors to donate
jump9.gif

I know
corner2.png

good idea, all I have now is a stock windscreen to donate.

I think this is a GREAT idea. I've been lucky enough to have a couple members step up and help me out (BlueHaya and TruWrecks!). I'd be more then willing to give up any parts that I don't need for a member in need.

I have some stock cans, kickstand, filter, triple tree, pegs, brake pads and hoses (never used, had 0 miles on the bike when I replaced them) to donate and maybe a couple other odds and ends.

MC MUSTANG let me know where to send the goods to if you end up being the repo
beerchug.gif

I usually have enough parts to fix/repair that suffered a minor get off... except this time I had an incident and had to leave the truck and trailer behind....

But I can't always be sure I will make the bash as well too...

But I will be willing to help anyway possible...

we should have a few hospitals setup.. What i mean east coast midwest west coast. Could possobuly gte parts quicker? i dunno just a thought.

Dont lose the TRE I gave you. I dont have any idea if anyone would want it, but its in the clinic in a coffee can I think.
thumb_up.gif

love this idea...i've already got a few parts in the Busa Hospital and have a complete stock exhaust, levers, brake and clutch lines, and maybe a few other parts once i can get them to GSXcite and we can figure out how to store and secure them for traveling if he is interested
beerchug.gif
I'm working on the storage issue right now. I'll put an inventory together of whats in the trailer right now. A few things it could use is stock bar ends, stock cans, and some mirrors. If I can find a front nose and a fairing stay at a good price I would like to have those on board too. You know, the parts someone would need to have to get a busa home after a spill.

James, I got yer dang TRE...
smile.gif

I think having a mirrored inventory in a couple of places works, I will volunteer the clinic and Hal is already running the Hospital... the idea here is that the parts bins will ultimately show up at the MnGs.

Here is the hard part... this shouldn't suplant the Pay It Forward intentions here on the board...

The idea is simply to preposition some of the high usage items likely needed in the event of a crash...

I currently have in the trailer:
1 '08 stock windscreen
1 complete set of stock rearsets to include the push bar
1 set of stocker levers
2 stock Grab Bars
1 Good Kickstand and switch
1 Slightly bent kickstand
1 rear brake master cylinder
Bit and piece connectors, wiring, etc...

Now, I will not be at the Spring Bash next year, but the trailer (and probably Bessie) should be, so anything that anyone wants to send will be used.. There is no pressure on this.. again, just floating an idea.

beerchug.gif
I'm working on the storage issue right now. I'll put an inventory together of whats in the trailer right now. A few things it could use is stock bar ends, stock cans, and some mirrors. If I can find a front nose and a fairing stay at a good price I would like to have those on board too. You know, the parts someone would need to have to get a busa home after a spill.
Hal,
I have mirrors and bar ends for you.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
GSXcite @ May 15 2008 said:
1417025[/ATTACH] AM]
beerchug.gif
Hal,
Cool! Shawn brings up another good point. I don't have any 08 specific parts at all.
wowold.gif

zzwhip.gif

I believe that John had my extra set of stock wheels and brought them or was supposed to bring with tires mounted that were "just in case" somebody needed them. They are available if somebody is in need. I have some windscreens and some hangers, bar ends and maybe rearsets floating around too. Most of my "junk" is at his house...

I need the mounting crap off of a stock rear seat if anybody has it laying around...

Well.....how about a pre-positioned package for SoCal serving all West Coast members? I would be happy to facilitate this.

DD

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
GSXcite @ May 15 2008 said:
1417206[/ATTACH] AM]
beerchug.gif
Hal,
Cool! Shawn brings up another good point. I don't have any 08 specific parts at all.
wowold.gif
i have the complete exhaust and i think i have some bar ends around here also (if i can find them)...if you want to order a master link to go with the chain i already put in there, let me know how much it is and i'll take care of it
beerchug.gif

oh yeah, i have some more first aid stuff from this year's reset too

zzwhip.gif

beerchug.gif

Back