busa hitting an imaginary rev limiter

Checking all the vacuum lines is a good idea, too.

--Wag--

great mechanics that go above and beyond are few and far between... share with us where some of us can find this guy and he could possibly see and an increase in customers! :thumbsup: Glad you got it fixed on on the road again!

This guy works at a dealership in Ventura, CA. After seeing his extra attention to detail when working on my bike, I asked him if he does service work out of his him (they all pretty much do). After seeing his workshop (you could eat off the floor), I knew this guy was a keeper. When I go pick up my bike tomorrow, the bike will be clean, chain cleaned and lubed, tires at 42psi, etc. If anyone wants his contact info, email me at chuckfina@aol.com.
LJ

removal of the smog equipment should not have had much to do with the problem (I would hang on to that stuff, you may wish you had it some day)..
:beerchug:

I have a feeling you are right! I think something to do with the removal of my smog stuff is causing the decrease in mpgs. And guess what?! I did not heed your advice and keep the smog stuff! :banghead: Anyway, I know my tech will sort it out. I'm happy with the way the bike runs.., just don't like losing 30 percent of my gas mileage.

Last edited:
How do you adjust a TPS sensor? My bike is doing the same thing, haven't checked the fuel pressure yet though

How do you adjust a TPS sensor? My bike is doing the same thing, haven't checked the fuel pressure yet though

My Busa hits a kind of partial limiter in 2nd and third gear...BUT only if I reach 8000rpm slowly...If I open full throttle at 6000rpm NO rev limiter and the bike runs like a cannonball...

It's not a REAL limiter...at 7800 rpm, the rpm needle moves back a second then, restarts to reach the mark of 9000rpm...

Back