Busa - help appraise

gsferrari

Registered
What is a good price for a 2004 LE Hayabusa with less than 2000 miles?

This is the Red color.

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145144007 -->

Trick question right? 04 LE is Red and 03 AE is almost orange. In any case KBB or NADA can help with appraisal.

This is Red - sorry.

Any ideas? What is a good price?

I'll look at KBB etc. but this board is more "subjective" and for me...that goes a long way.

IMHO around $8500.00.

Need more info. Mods, maintenance records, broken in by manual or the preferred "ride it like you stole it" method, need tires, etc.

Broken in according to manual
Bone Stock
Tires can pass as new - I checked the treads and sidewall
First service done - all maintenance records in hand
1100 miles
Stored in garage - Owner couldnt ride because of health issues - has decided to sell instead of waiting

Any input based on that?

THANKS!!

Broken in according to manual
Bone Stock
Tires can pass as new - I checked the treads and sidewall
First service done - all maintenance records in hand
1100 miles
Stored in garage - Owner couldnt ride because of health issues - has decided to sell instead of waiting

Any input based on that?

THANKS!!
I'm no dealer just basing it on what I've seen out there.

Sounds like a good deal. I know it's important to set the rings properly as soon as you get it by running hard on (no redlining) and off the throttle (be careful) and changing the oil often early because of this (metal in oil). Everyone selling will say they broke it in by the manual out of fear from the common buyer. You still have some break in left at only 1100 miles though.

I think $8500.00 would be a good deal but what is he wanting?

Isnt 8500 rather close to what I would pay for a brand new 06 non LE busa? Ive seen people getting those for upper $9000 and low $10000.

Is the price justified because it is an LE? What if it was NOT an LE?

I have had several offers of 10,500 for my 05 LE. Thats only 200 less than I paid for it new last year. The busa has an amazing resale....especially this time of year.

just bought 05 red and black with pipe and other mods with 2000 miles for $9300 i think i got a good deal bike is mint ( no scratches) and had all records.
vader1.gif

I am going to try and close the deal this weekend. Bike is running. The owner started it and took it for a spin with absolutely no gear...frightening! He asked me to ride it...which surprised me. I didnt take my gear so I declined - he was pretty amused
smile.gif

Bike is in fantastic shape. I think I can do 1100 miles in 2 years just moving the bike into and out of my garage. This thing has not seen the higher end of the rev range apparently. Dunno if that is a good or bad thing. I'll run it in like a bat from hell once it is in my hands.
Spotless cosmetically...starts instantly...nothing negative.
Absolutely no mods - this is straight out of the showroom and could well have been an exhibit considering the shape it is in.

I will try to close for $8000.00 and DONE. I need at least $1000.00 to get matching gear now...plus garage charges...security (scorpio)...frame sliders...puig windscreen...etc. etc.

Update: I ended up paying a little more than I wanted...I paid $8600.00 for the bike...still a good deal IMO.

I have been lusting after the Hayabusa since they first came out. I was just out of school then and across the world in Asia. Things have moved on since then but the "lust" for the Busa never diminished.

I am just happy I have got that out of the way...now I plan to make up for the lost mileage on this bike and ride it across america
tounge.gif

But first...new gear...this tourmaster mesh jacket is nice but I dont feel very safe in it.

it depends on the Mods it has...(wish there some pics...) but, if everything is fresh and as it says...should get for 9k, I think...get some pics...
rock.gif

They've been on since 2004...you think that is going to be a problem? I will search the forums for tips on sticker removal but if you have any immediate suggestions - type away
smile.gif

I bought my 05 in December 05 and the tank sticker was a real pain to remove. Took three days to remove.

Hopefully someone will chime in. I remember a post where they used nail polish remover that didn't contain acetone. The key is NO acetone, or it will eat the paint. Their stickers came off pretty easy, but I would use at your own risk.

Start a thread about removing the stickers and see what responses you get. Good luck.

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149109802 -->

Back