Busa handles good for a big bike

BLUTO

Registered
So, I bought this 2008 Hayabusa.... Previous owner had it "altered" for straight line antics... 6" over swingarm extentions, raised rear, lowered front, -1 front sprocket, suspension 20+ clicks out everywhere, rear preload CRANKED, 2"+ raised rear, chain tight as a guitar string, some 200 square rear tire & matching front, brakes felt like wood..... The WORST riding/handling,stopping bike I've ever been on-and still I bought it....

For the last 2 weeks Ive been un-doing ALOT, adding some things, & now have a great handling bike! It has an LSL handlebar kit, 1" lower in front & 2" lower in rear(Im short) and new medium-compound Perilli tires. Suspension set up using Sportbike Mag. settings. I run a taller 190/55 rear tire to even the difference out some.

Yesterday was our Bi-annual Slimey Crud Run outing in Wisconsin. This takes place in Spring & Fall, no matter the weather- hence the name. A group of us have been doing this for years and yesterday was the Busa's shake-down run. The roads are very twisty & secluded on our route & we are able to push the bikes pretty good. Most of the group are track-day junkies and everyone shows up with serious equipment. We all trailer our bikes and begin riding by 9am and finisn some 300miles later around 5pm. I was the only one not on a sportbike but still managed to keep pace, despite 20mph winds & 39*. For a big bike, Im extremely happy with the way my 08 handles & rides! The more the brakes got used, the better they worked. The wind was really blowing us around, but by afternoon it was up to 55*.

Its official-she's a keeper! A few more tweaks & Ill be done. Love this bike.

cool congrats on the bike, they don't handle to badly for a bigger bike thats for sure...people think they can't handle that good but they will surpise you

They do handle very well with the right rider.

r6.jpg

By lowering the bike you affected the cornering ability. The hard parts will contact the ground sooner, etc. If you need the bike lowered, that's understandable, and yes this bike handles just fine :thumbsup:

:50 youll like it here and good luck getting the bike to ur liking...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Usually people change their Busas the other way! Congrats on your good decisions to improve your bike's abilities, not give them up for the sake of how it looks. As you get deeper into Hayabusa, you'll realize you are at the tip of the iceburg in terms of all your improvement/personalization choices for the future! Raydog

BTW, the Hayabusa is a sportbike. There is no weight cutoff that disqualifies it! That is a GSXR 1000 that is behind me....he stayed behind me for the whole session.

MF1A1348.JPG

Back