Busa Fairing conversion

Sinister Shred

Registered
Hi guys

I'm new to the forum, I figured I would sign up before buying a Busa as to get more info on the bike.

My plans are, getting a bike and making it a 300+ street fighter. But before I get my hopes up too high and embark on a build just to let it sit incomplete, I figured I would start on something a little more "tame" (by my standards) such as a fairing conversion.

I like the performance of the Busa but I'm not to fond of the styling. So I'm seeking info on fairing conversions. My plans would be to rid the bike of the tail fairing as well as the front fairings and replacing them with an 09-15 GSXR-1000 faring set. I would be getting like an 01, so I think it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to a more "modern" style. So my question is, has anyone else attempted a full body transplant? And so, whats involved in the process? I'm not expecting a company to make a kit, in fact I'm prepared to fabricate as necessary, but how difficult would this process be? Also does anyone know of a good place to get items needed like headlights, taillights, bezels... I have a good reputable place to get the fairings but everything else is the icing on the cake you know?

i know of one person who added a busa engine into a Gsxr body and it didn't look to good. IMO it's a hard conversion and I would just do a streetfighter kit off the bat if that's what I really wanted. Corbin sales the gxsr sub frame conversion. And you could Google Hayabusa streetfighter kits and find someone to sale you parts.

agreed - much easier to go streetfigheter on day 1 vs trying to fit something that was never made to fit onto the busa.

Talking from experience with this idea I did 06 1000 tail with sub frame and seatsnot hard mod two brackets bolted to cut sub frame and drilled two holes for bottom mounts a lot less expensive then Greg's custom kit another member on here did it and I copied front can be done but lower fairings will not meet at bottom and you will have the gap around the side and front of tank tricked out customs has a reverse trike with 1000 body work I have sense changed tail again too 01 1000 and single sided conversion

Thanks for your replies guy's, I think I will go with the street fighter look to start and save the power mods for later (those are whats going to bring the build to the expensive mark). I'll keep you guys updated when I start the process :)

Back