Busa Backfiring

Busa04

Registered
I have a '04 Busa that only has a set of RS-3 bolt ons installed.I get a slight backfire when i decelerate on coming to stop lights,etc. Is this common? i brought it to the shop to have it re-mapped to the rs-3's (which was a big waste of $$$ IMO) and it didnt change a thing. Any help? ideas? solutions? Thanks Joey

I have a '04 Busa that only has a set of RS-3 bolt ons installed.I get a slight backfire when i decelerate on coming to stop lights,etc. Is this common? i brought it to the shop to have it re-mapped to the rs-3's (which was a big waste of $$$ IMO) and it didnt change a thing. Any help? ideas? solutions? Thanks Joey
pull the Pair valve....should be problem solved.

You had it re-mapped...(the PC,or other box) post up the new map .

hav a good 1...RSD

Removing the PAIR valve should do it. Though if your just talking about the deceleration "Burbling" little "Pop-Pops", it's probably nothing at all.

It is a small backfire..usually the right side can, neat little blue flame at night i have been told by the guys in my group, not a real loud pop and it doesnt do it all nite.....on a 2-3 hour ride maybe 3-4 pops...My friend has a '04 also with the same cans and it does the same on his.......Nothing to worry about?

Thanks Joey

BTW does anyone know how i can change my member name without losing my info ( such as my posts) etc...i dont have a kawa anymore..so it is kinda funny with the name...lol

Joey

Talk to Tom at Veltune (one of the sponsors), they sell the BDE kit for $42.

BT and Johnnycheese suggested the poor man's method of blocking the hose. Do a search under Modifications (I think that's where I saw it) for "marble". You should see it.

johnnycheese and juggler hit it right on the head the other day: plug off the Pair hose where it comes in on the throttle side of the airbox. juggler has posted a couple of great pics that show exactly which hose is the Pair.

it smoothed my bike out off the line an incredible amount, even my wife noticed it. i have drilled 6 holes into each end of each stock can and then replaced the end caps, and it sounds just like the rs-3's, don't know if it's any faster or quicker, but it sure sounds nice.

Back