Building a trailer!

Don't you need 5x113? Or is your STI a 2004?

Mines an 04, the worst year for finding wheels. It's also the same as the set of not too bad lookin junkyard wheels I picked up until I can find 2 more STi wheels. I've already got a set of hubs in 5x100 too. So I'm $100 deep into wheels and hubs so far.

ForumRunner_20130110_165945.png

ForumRunner_20130110_165945.png

You need to keep your axles behind your center of gravity. I think having 60% tongue and 40% rear at least. If you get the CG too close to or in front of the axle the trailer will fish tail and be horrible to pull, and whip at every back and forth at every bump.

You need to keep your axles behind your center of gravity. I think having 60% tongue and 40% rear at least. If you get the CG too close to or in front of the axle the trailer will fish tail and be horrible to pull, and whip at every back and forth at every bump.

Excellent, thank you sir. The plan is up in the air right now, but I can never have too much info. :thumbsup:

Bought a starting point tonight, she needs some work, but for $40 for a good frame to build around, I couldn't go wrong. Ink likely chop the ends off, put some decking down, new wheels, hubs, leaf springs and some fenders and ill be set. Toss a lil paint and hopefully a Baxley depending on funds and I'm golden.
I'll start a build thread tomorrow once I get into it.

ForumRunner_20130124_053638.png

ForumRunner_20130124_053638.png

What size is that? Like a 5x8? Looks like a steal for $40! Good find Froggy!

Wasn't sure how'd I'd deal with the rust, its all surface stuff and has to go, was thinkin a wire wheel on the air drill, but chemicals are always better! They have that stuff at the box stores I assume?

Only way I would attack that was with a sand blaster...

Wasn't sure how'd I'd deal with the rust, its all surface stuff and has to go, was thinkin a wire wheel on the air drill, but chemicals are always better! They have that stuff at the box stores I assume?

Not around here, no.. You can usually get it at an auto paint shop, etc...

Gotcha, and Charlie, I can move a lot of hot air, but no access to a sand blaster, at least I don't think. I'll check around though.
Many years ago, way back in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, I went to a monument place ( headstones / tombstones ) and had him sandblast a chrome header I ruined for a buck :thumbsup:

Those were the days :laugh:

Many years ago, way back in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, I went to a monument place ( headstones / tombstones ) and had him sandblast a chrome header I ruined for a buck :thumbsup:

Those were the days :laugh:

Geezer... :poke:

Back