Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budget gsxr 1k conversion. sort of

rubensbusa

Registered
I love the look of a stretched hayabusa and the stock hump, but on my stock wheelbase i always felt it looked to stubby and out of place especially with the hump, so ever since then I had always wanted to do a Gsxr 1k conversion on my 16' hayabusa and retain my stock wheelbase. I did not want to spend the 900 dollars for two machined plates of aluminum and also was not a fan of how high arched the tail ended up with that kit. I was able to find this guy making brackets out in vegas and was 1/3 the price of the other kit. With the money I saved I bought a complete gsxr tail in carbon fiber :banana:. Found an gsxr taillight harness for like 13 bucks on ebay , a gsxr tailight for 30 bucks, and a undertail that just needed some paint for like 15. If I hadn't splurged on the carbon fiber pieces I'm sure I could have stayed under the 5-600 dollar mark but I thought wtheck. I also didn't have to splice any wires so can go back to stock any day I please. With a little modding was able to use the stock 1000k battery tray. Also like to thank SSGT_B and SAMAKI as they were helpful on questions for modding the stock seat and bounce some ideas off them as well. I was too excited to ride that I didn't take pictures after I cut the seat foam.
1.jpg
2.jpg

I hear you guys, The hump has grown on me over the years but just needed a change. I have everything needed to go back to stock and after taking the subframe apart about 4 times for test fits, adjustments and painting it, im sure i can swap it in an half hour. Now i just have the option of switching back and forth as I please.

Best conversion I've ever seen bro,great job.Took me a while to get used to the Gen II tail also and still look like crap unless lowered about 4" with 4" stretch on the arm to round things out back there.:super:

7CBE83E6-84BE-4BA2-80D9-82AD52E95F17.jpeg

Appreciate the kind words guys, I am a bit of a perfectionist at times and i feel the small details are what makes the bike/car. And agreed love me a humped busa with a stretch and a slam but i wasnt ready to lose my stock swingarm just yet.. heres a pic of the seat foam after cutting it and bending the pan, and of course the carbon fiber. I feel my whole tail fairings weigh together what my busa Hump
Weighed alone

Does this kit have provisions for mounting passenger pegs/exhaust brackets?

Does this kit have provisions for mounting passenger pegs/exhaust brackets?
You can get 05-06 gsxr pegs that bolt on through the side and drill the subframe plates. But I dont want them. I rarely ride two up maybe only and rallys, and ill swap the busa tail on if so

Top Bottom