Bubble Windscreen

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I have an '05 LE and I'm considering a "higher" (bubble) windscreen; I'd like something clear like the original, but the bubble shape for the highway. I've seen them pictured elsewhere on the site, and wondering 1) what types are out there?; 2) what's the cost?; and 3) what's it take to install? Thanks for any comments/pics.

There's several out there: Zero Gravity, SportTech, PUIG, Airblade...

ZG and ST will probably retail around $75. Send a PM to GoldenChild or StreetnTrack; they are Site Sponsors and can probably shoot you a good price.

As for the install, Easy! Just remove the 2 hex (3mm) screws on either side of the screen and pop the rubber grommets out, then pull the screen out.

Thanks for the quick reply, omslaw. I'll check out the websites, and if I buy, will send the PM you mentioned.

No prob! I know you're lQQking for the light smoke...but if you are interested, I have pix of the ZG Double Bubble dark smoke and the ST V-Flow Chrome on my bike...

Pics would be great! I checked out the Puig and ZG Double, and think I like the ZG Double.

Hmmm. I can't find a good pic of the ST V-Flow Chrome. Well, here's a pic from our Iowa ride last weekend:

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128824735 -->

post_6_99200_blusilvr.JPG

Here's a different view of the ST V-Flow Chrome on a different bike. This is a group shot of all of us from the ride.

post_6_12208_hooters4.JPG

...and here's the ZG Double Bubble Dark Smoke that I had on my bike. The only reason I switched to the ST Chrome is cuz I like the look better
tounge.gif

Busa_ZGDBDS.jpg

Thanx for the nice pics (dig that blue-n-silver w/blue cans); I remember them from a few days ago (like seeing the bike in action).  Only question is clear or light smoke (cuz the bike's all gray!), then I'll shoot streetntrack (thanks) an e-mail.

I have a Fabri smoked,the quality isnt bad, but Ive seen and have a zero gravity as well, I believe the quality of the ZG and Puig is much better.NJ.
DSCI0077.jpg

Hey, NJ, what kind of mirrors? Nice.
They are called " Pigspotters " from stmachine,yeah they look pretty cool,but the rear view has a lot to be desired.I swap back and forth with the stock ones from time to time.NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128876428 -->

PUIG Racing Screen (Smoke) here. Very solid construction. Had the ZG DB (Dark Smoke) and comparing the 2 found the PUIG to be more solid. Nothing against the ZG and I never had any problems with it, but sturdiness has to go to PUIG.

Midnight__02_Oct_05____29.JPG

Hey, BigBS, that Puig looks awesome, but the one on their site (they don't show one for an '05) doesn't look as good as yours (I especially like the edge detail). By the way, are there any pics of your bike on the site? That avatar makes me want to see more!

That's what I figured (but you guys are the experts!). BTW, I know what you mean about the mirrors. My buddy has a Duc 999, and you have to lift your arm to see behind you!

Those PigSpotters use a convex mirror on them, so everything is gonna look smaller in them anyway.

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128871253 -->

PUIG Racing Screen (Smoke) here. Very solid construction. Had the ZG DB (Dark Smoke) and comparing the 2 found the PUIG to be more solid. Nothing against the ZG and I never had any problems with it, but sturdiness has to go to PUIG.
May i have the link the site you got it from? or where you can locate it at?
rock.gif
PALEASE??? lol PUIG Racing Screen looks bad ass

Back