Braking Rotors

Meta title: Brake rotor bolts

Anyone here running Braking SK2 rotors :dunno:

I hope I made a good decision after hours and hours of research.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am... had them on my gsx-R 1000's, 02' & 05'

I really like them!

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

I like the Braking brand of rotors :beerchug: I think they look better than some of the other brand of wave rotors. As far as how they perform vs the competition IDK? Ive only had Braking rotors on my busa so I have nothing to compare them too except stockers

I watched the video. I thought it was Galfer that developed the wave rotor?

Yank, a wave rotor won't increase braking power. You won't know the difference between stock rotors and wave rotors by squeezing the lever, or at least I can't. Wave rotors were designed (By Galfer as I understand it) for dirt bikes to keep the mud cleaned off the disks and shed water. However, wave rotors seem to dissipate heat at a faster rate. A street rider will probably never create enough heat to justify wave rotors.

I heard that mentioned before and for street use its probably true however they are lighter and look 10x's better than stock so that's enough justification 4me...

Yank, a wave rotor won't increase braking power. You won't know the difference between stock rotors and wave rotors by squeezing the lever, or at least I can't. Wave rotors were designed (By Galfer as I understand it) for dirt bikes to keep the mud cleaned off the disks and shed water. However, wave rotors seem to dissipate heat at a faster rate. A street rider will probably never create enough heat to justify wave rotors.

You are absolutely 100% correct. Aesthetics and a bit of weight loss is my motive.

Understood. I am not hard on the brakes and very rarely feel brake fade.
I decided on this brand due to they are made in Italy, and reading many reviews all positive.
I need to have 100% confidence in my brakes when I go to grab handful.
I made a mistake and ordered 2 right sides. Sent one back and oredered a left.
I will say they look excellent and the qaulity I'd world class. Left one should be here Monday.
Found them for $221 a piece, not cheap but neither are body fairings and surgeries.
Tires and brakes are not the components to give your money to the fat china man.

I'm thinking they are a quality product. I'd run em!

They look cool as well. Let us know your thoughts after a few rides.

Back