Brake problem question...

Lucky34

Registered
I took off my stock front brake lines and put on some HEL steel-braided brake lines and EBC HH pads. I filled the brake lines with fluid and kept bleeding them until no more air bubbles came out. Now the brake lever feels like it's supposed too (now that the air is out, it's not squishy anymore), but the problem is that when I get up to speed the brakes make noise as if the pads were constantly rubbing on the rotors... is this normal? do I just have to keep riding until I break-in the pads? or is that not normal and I should do something about it? Thanks for the advice!

those pads are made of a different material than the OEM pads. Yes they should be "bedded" ad per the EBC website ..... but they will likely always make that noise. I have had the HH pads since my first week of ownership...and I no longer notice the noise.
The better bite comes from the materials of the pad.

If you lift the front wheel and can spin it fairly easily, then all is good.... if it stops right away, then tear the calipers down and clean them well.

ok, thanks guys. I don't feel like it's braking at all, just makes the noice when I go over 25ish mph, so I guess it's normal. I was expecting there to be some noise, but I thought it would only be when braking. Oh, well...
smile.gif
I'm glad it's good.

Kind of sounds like you are riding in a swarm of bugs. It took me a while to get used to it, but that combination does buzz, even after bedding the pads.

HH pads do make a buzzing type noise...mostly above 30 mph or so
all_coholic.gif

I have a ? to add......Has anyone ever experienced the back brake glazing over? Meaning that you have to press the ____ out of it and it doesn't stop good?

(toolmn @ Mar. 26 2007,21:48) I have a ? to add......Has anyone ever experienced the back brake glazing over? Meaning that you have to press the ____ out of it and it doesn't stop good?
rear brake aint worth a dang...so if its works decent...just leave it alone...just cheap pads and stuff...
pirate.gif

(Lucky34 @ Mar. 27 2007,22:15) You guys don't slide the rear around corners?
rock.gif
.... hmmmm......  
all_coholic.gif
Thats clutch/front brake
tounge.gif

FWIW: The rear brake exists to satisfy the DOT.

(Lucky34 @ Mar. 28 2007,01:15) You guys don't slide the rear around corners?
rock.gif
.... hmmmm......
all_coholic.gif
of course we do ...but we accelerate , hazing the tire through the apex and then out... ya mean you slow down?

poke.gif

...."of course we do ...but we accelerate , hazing the tire through the apex and then out... ya mean you slow down?
rock.gif
.......Waaaaaaahahahaaaaaaahaaaa, BC that was damn funny there.....
super.gif

Back