Brake Conversion Question?

Porter

Donating Member
Registered
Hey I got a deal on a 01 Busa last summer and I'm just now getting around to making some adjustments to it.  This is my first personal bike, and I'm really don't know too much.

The bike has a single rotor and caliper set up, I believe that he was trying to get the bike ready for the track, so he may of went with the single set up.

I would like to go with the dual setup, and I would like to know if this is how the bike was orignally, or do I need to do some mod, to go with the dual set up, and if so, what do I need to look for to get it done?

So to make it simple, what is needed to go from a single disc to dual disc set up on a 01 busa?

Thanks

You should have dual rotors in the front.

In most cases you need:
a rotor
a caliper
a brake line
a dual line Banjo bolt
pads
and the hardware

Can you post a pic of the current state?

add

qty 2 caliper mounting bolts
qty5-6 (don't remember off the top of my head) rotor mounting bolts

sounds like your new to bikes and esp the Busa... ya' may want to take it slow....

(Commuta_Busa @ Mar. 26 2007,09:49) add

qty 2 caliper mounting bolts
qty5-6 (don't remember off the top of my head) rotor mounting bolts

sounds like your new to bikes and esp the Busa... ya' may want to take it slow....
Yeah I just got interested in bikes maybe 2 years ago, and I have always rode someone's bike and not my own, until I got the money to get a busa.

So now I'm trying to learn what I can, but I don't know anyone that really knows a lot about bikes, so I turn to you guys.

And I appricate the happy!
beerchug.gif

I'll get some pics later of the setup!

All Busa's come with a dual set up stock...all the parts are readily available
super.gif

Back