Box in the mail. Undesided.

trekfuel

Registered
I received my new Galfer lines and pads today....
So i did a search of the forum for install tips and procedures..
I have come across a couple of horror stories. Now i am undesided weather I will install them with only 8 days 5 hour and 59 min 36 sec left till the spring bash. I dont want to run into issues and be scrabbling at the last min.
As she sits... she is shined up and ready to go.

issues from other post where......" short dual front lines"
problems seating and sealing bangos
and leaky bleeders
wrong size bango bolts
Thoughts?

brakes 001.jpg

brakes 002.jpg

brakes 003.jpg

I would wait. And, I always order my lines in front +2.0" IMO, stock just barely makes it!

Times a wastin, wait till after, or do it now so you have time for any uh oh's.

Dang it. I was planning to do the install Thursday night because Friday/Saturday are supposed to be beautiful weather here, now you have me questioning that. Maybe just do pads before the bash and lines after?

if you have any risers or helibars... you need longer lines.. +1 minimum and 2 if you tag them down so they do not abrade on anything..

pads are cake i just did mine....now im doin the galfer line too and have not done yet...so these are a real pain in da arse to install?

i cant see this taking you that long at all, just take your time and do them right, you should be fine and plus there are plenty of threads on here that will help you out, plus if you get stuck just holler most have done this mod already...good luck:thumbsup:

pads are cake i just did mine....now im doin the galfer line too and have not done yet...so these are a real pain in da arse to install?

Not at all. But things can go wrong quick if you have changed the height of your bars for sure.
And it takes some paitence bleeding them out seeing that the lines are dry. Specially if you dont have a vaccume pump.

Not at all. But things can go wrong quick if you have changed the height of your bars for sure.
And it takes some paitence bleeding them out seeing that the lines are dry. Specially if you dont have a vaccume pump.

friend of mine has the hand pump for bleeding...should i use a might vac? i have air at da house so which is perferred? im stock height wit no risers so shouldnt be an issue....u jus run one line to each caliper right...from what i understand the new line dont mount like stock both come off resivoir down to each caliper right?

might want to open a bleeder downstairs and drain the system before cracking the lines loose up top... any fluid on paint or plastic is going to ruin your day... even drained be VERY careful about any drips or splashes.. The OEM line is a single down to the right caliper with a cross over.. the new lines use two lines from the master, with one to each caliper.. have no idea why they did it like this.. but is easier to bleed I bet..

if you have any risers or helibars... you need longer lines.. +1 minimum and 2 if you tag them down so they do not abrade on anything..

Ahhh crap...are you saying if I install heli-bars the Galfer SS lines I installed are going to be too short? I've seen another post that stated Heli-bars and SS lines are okay but risers are too much. Am I screwed?

Back on topic...get the mini-vac bleeder from your local automotive store. Saves a ton of time and cuts down greatly on the mess.

Last edited:
Ahhh crap...are you saying if I install heli-bars the Galfer SS lines I installed are going to be too short? I've seen another post that stated Heli-bars and SS lines are okay but risers are too much. Am I screwed?

Back on topic...get the mini-vac bleeder from your local automotive store. Saves a ton of time and cuts down greatly on the mess.

Refer back to my post #3

yep..Brendan got it on post 3...

Better you find out now however than when you pull a wheelie and all the front brakes, well for lack of a better work... "break" :)

Back